5 lb. Bags?

Mass. Wine Guy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I usually buy a 5 lb. bag of very good French roast whole beans from Really Great Coffee on eBay. It runs between $34 and $37 including shipping. What would a 5 lb bag cost from your store?

I believe that the price for a 5lb bag does not exist, as Ron limits orders to two 12 oz bags so that many people have the opportunity to try his coffees.

If you haven't read it already this is a good post to read about what he does.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98231

And from within that post . . . .
Availability - This is important. I currently roast outside, so I am limited to when I can roast by my job (including business travel), family obligations, and the weather. So, in an attempt to reduce disappointing folks by delaying shipments because I can't roast when planned, I will not be taking pre-orders for coffee. i will offer coffee as I have it available. This means that quantities will be limited and will be first come- first served. Because of this I ask that each order be limited to two bags maximum. this will allow more people to enjoy Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee.

I believe that the price for a 5lb bag does not exist, as Ron limits orders to two 12 oz bags so that many people have the opportunity to try his coffees.

If you haven't read it already this is a good post to read about what he does.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98231

And from within that post . . . .

+1 You really should treat yourself to Ron's roasted beans. It's absolutely fresh and the best coffee I've ever tasted.

How long does it take you to use 5 lbs? I can certainly provide 5 lbs of coffee, but I strongly recommend only buying what you can use within 2-4 weeks, depending on how you are using the coffee. If you are an espresso head like me, you'll probably want to use coffee that is no more than 2 weeks old, and for drip or french press I recommend using coffee that is no more than 4 weeks old. You can stretch this a little by keeping the beans in the freezer since the cold slows down the aging process.

Back