Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Kick-off Cook-off, Hazelwood, MO April 29 & 30, 2011

Southern Home Boy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So, who's making it this year? For those of you who cooked it before, how many times and those of you who are new, what made you pick this one?

Just curious.:becky:

We cooked it our first time last year and performed abysmally. I'm hoping we do better this time out.:pray:

Mod edit: Edited thread title per the posting guidelines

Last edited by a moderator:
We will be there. Have cooked it everytime. Greg runs a nice contest. We got a couple good calls last year and we were the dessert champs in 2009. I have been working on my pork steak and am ready for friday nights fun catagories.

I will be there.. It is only 20 minutes from home and we had a good time last year. Looking forward to it again.

B&B will be there. We stunk last year with a mid-pack finish. It's so close I can't not cook it, plus Greg is a super guy and does a good job. I've just gotta figure out how to beat Peter at dessert..........

B&B will be there. We stunk last year with a mid-pack finish. It's so close I can't not cook it, plus Greg is a super guy and does a good job. I've just gotta figure out how to beat Peter at dessert..........

Looks like I might not do dessert this year. gonna be short handed on friday and I am concentrating on that pork steak throwdown...:roll:

The Q Factor will be there - we've cooked this contest since it began - always well ran and enjoyable (weather permitting..LOL) - close to home is a bonus - easy on the fuel cost - :) Looking forward to it again! Gotten a couple of good rib calls there and took 2nd in dessert last year - always a bunch of fun cooks there for sure!

going up thr night me and the boy love this one been going since it started ( love the fire marshel ):thumb: i am ready for that boy this year :becky:

My son and I will be there again, our third go around. Greg and Beth run a great contest. Hopefully no tornado this year. Good luck to all brethern.

Batrlett Boneheads will be cooking. Cooked it the first year and did ok.

I filled out the HD papers but have not received anything back. When or what do they send back? It has been several weeks since I sent in the paperwork.

Good luck to all.

Jo Jo's pullin pork will be there again this year. we had a lot of fun last year even though the weather was nasty. last year was our first year :p:p

Batrlett Boneheads will be cooking. Cooked it the first year and did ok.

I filled out the HD papers but have not received anything back. When or what do they send back? It has been several weeks since I sent in the paperwork.

Good luck to all.
I don't think you get anything back from the HD.I never had on any of the previous years.

what's the other comp you are talking about?
is it the one in st peters in sept? :p:p

Could be that, The Wildwood BBQ Bash (STLBS, not KCBS), or The River Rub downtown.

Plus, eventhough I don't see it on the KCBS list yet, there's been one in Valley Park the last weekend of October for at least the last two years and I suspect that one will be back.

Pacific isn't within 20 miles (probably) but it's still pretty darn close.

st peters is having one in sep at the new rv park that is 1/2 way built right now they are planning on having it done by july and in sep they are hosting an contest i have all ready payed for this one :clap2:

well is everybody ready for this one? hope the rain and storms keep rolling through and clears up by that weekend :p:p

Ready as I'm gonna be I think. Yeah... I really am not in the mood for another tornado. Just ONE competition without rain would be REALLY nice.:roll:

Back