MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #16
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Good video! I admire your ability to resist commentary on stuffing the loin

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #17
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

food pron has reached new heights. Excellent video T.

It always throws me off a bit when people say "I'd hit that" in response to food posts (hint, it actually means something else folks). With that said, it would be extra creepy if somebody threw that out in response to this video, but you know it is coming.

To the woodpile in 10,9,8,7.......

Rec Tec 590 Stampede, Primo Oval XL, Weber 26" Kettle with Gabby Grills Santa Maria attachment. Lonestargrillz 42" pellet grill on order.
chingador is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #18
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

Big props for holding it together.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #19
RevZiLLa
is Blowin Smoke!

Good to see you around, Donnie

Brinkman water smokers (elec and charcoal)
Weber kettle grill
Uniflame Gold Stainless 5 burner propane grill / rotisserie
BBQ Grillware upright propane water smoker
A trench filled with wood coals and covered with chain link fence
RevZiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #20
BBQMaverick
On the road to being a farker

Good video. I like how you scored the loin.

I'm not as experienced as PT but the one thing I have had success with is using different size wooden spoons to increase my cut if needed (won't tend to cut out to the side like he said) especially if I am stuffing with something other than a sausage link.
BBQMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #21
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMaverick View Post
Good video. I like how you scored the loin.

I'm not as experienced as PT but the one thing I have had success with is using different size wooden spoons to increase my cut if needed (won't tend to cut out to the side like he said) especially if I am stuffing with something other than a sausage link.

Looks like Thirdeye is the expert there. I wanted to do some videos that are kind of entry level... and shoving in a sausage into a pre scored hole like that is as easy as pie.

If you remember, when I did the laydown, that too was kind of a "do it this way, shove some sausge in it, smoke it, then improve later at your own pace" too.

I have seen some great loins here... but this was a simple (although kind of funny) way.

a few tips are... use realy flavorful sausages... not polish, but chappel hill garlic, jalapeno, chorizo and the like.. or of course italian.... but Boudan I didn't like.

Also, I didn't show it but poking the sausage with a toothpick or fork along it sides allows more efficent basting. There is a big difference!

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #22
tbone30349
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Great video, and awesome comic relief.
tbone30349 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #23
BBQMaverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
Looks like Thirdeye is the expert there. I wanted to do some videos that are kind of entry level... and shoving in a sausage into a pre scored hole like that is as easy as pie.

If you remember, when I did the laydown, that too was kind of a "do it this way, shove some sausge in it, smoke it, then improve later at your own pace" too.

I have seen some great loins here... but this was a simple (although kind of funny) way.

a few tips are... use realy flavorful sausages... not polish, but chappel hill garlic, jalapeno, chorizo and the like.. or of course italian.... but Boudan I didn't like.

Also, I didn't show it but poking the sausage with a toothpick or fork along it sides allows more efficent basting. There is a big difference!

Good points on the type of sausage and poking the sausage with a toothpick.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #24
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

I wanna see more of your alter ego that I saw in the kettle fried chicken video. That one wasn't quite as informative as your others (or maybe because I couldn't understand what he/you were saying), but it made up for it with utter hilarity.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #25
Dirt Daddy
Knows what a fatty is.

awesome..thanks
Dirt Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #26
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpstylz View Post
I wanna see more of your alter ego that I saw in the kettle fried chicken video. That one wasn't quite as informative as your others (or maybe because I couldn't understand what he/you were saying), but it made up for it with utter hilarity.
Thats Mr Frey. I read my class notes as Mr. Frey at times... wakes the kids up and makes them pay attention to the written notes. I sometimes REAALY slur my speech and like to hear them translate.

Edict.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #27
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

It had over a thousand views but this version is now on my Popdaddy site (as will all my Videos be going). So... pump this one up guys...

Edict.

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #28
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
It had over a thousand views but this version is now on my Popdaddy site (as will all my Videos be going). So... pump this one up guys...

Pitmaster T's Half Assed BBQ - Kettle Fried Chicken - YouTube
I also realy liked the intro on this one. Good work.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #29
jrn
Full Fledged Farker

I was laughing so hard I had to watch it the second time before I actually learned anything! Mr. Frey sounds a lot like Wolfman Jack. I'm definitely gonna try that kettle fried chicken recipe. Thanks!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #30
BBQMaverick

Quote:

Pitmaster T's Half Assed BBQ - Kettle Fried Chicken - YouTube

Curious if or how you brine your chicken ?

Thanks