MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #46
-HAZARD-
Knows what a fatty is.

Nice Enkidu!!! I browsed the book on Amazon and it looks cool. I love the pic of the lamb(?) filleted out standing on a rack next to the fire ring.

I have always wanted to cook something that way.

Thanks from:--->

Old 12-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #47
K-Train
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
Another vote for Wicked Good and Smokin with Myron
Same as above
WSM 22.5
GMG Davy Crockett
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #48
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

Yeah, Adam Perry lang is awesome- haven't read BBQ 25, but Serious Barbecue is my favorite. I haven't read Dr BBQ's books, but they look great, especially if you have a kamado (in his videos I seem to remember him using BGE's a lot).

Old 12-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #49
moontz
On the road to being a farker

My top 3:
  1. Serious BBQ
  2. Dr. BBQs Big Time BBQ
  3. Peace, Love, and BBQ
moontz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #50
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbbq View Post
LOL! I'm always amazed that this book is still so revered when we all know the recipes don't actually work as written. That's kind of a big problem for me :)

+1 I started myself with this book before there was this internet thingy, and the times and temps are WAY off. I ruined more meat as a result. Plus, they leave you with the idea that 220 is good, but 210 is better, and 200 or lower is THE way to go. C'mon Man!!!! Give me a ****ing break! It's been many years now, but I didnt bother selling the book, I literally threw it away. As Doc said above, LOTS of other good books out there now.

As I recall, I purchased 3 or 4 books originally. The only one thrown away was the one I used to start with; Smoke and Spice. Paul Kirks has lots of great starter recipes. I would highly suggest starting as simple and with as few ingredients as possible and working up to more complex flavors...
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-27-2012, 01:26 AM   #51
GMDGeek
is one Smokin' Farker

Have most of these books ... a few I don't - looks like I need to check them out.