THE Shirley Fabrication Photo Thread

Ever since hauling our SF Cooker back to Long Island I have been out back learning the ins and outs of this cooking machine - Totally digging it.
Now I see I certainly need to take more pics of it and the fine grub that is coming off it.
Here it is about halfway home. No matter where we stopped, it drew attention for sure.

Here is my 24x55 straight back cabinet. The grates are a little bigger (24x44) than the standard round or cabinet model. Been real busy so I have not even fired it up yet and the timing of the rain has been terrible. Opened it up to oil it down the other day and I had to tilt the trailer down to empty out all the water. I will post some better pics but thought if someone was on the fence about the straight back design these would help.

24x55 on narrow trailer, removable tongue, insulated firebox, ash pan in firebox, stainless shelf, 4 sets of grates, firebox with both damper systems, sausage hangers, burner, warmer with 3 racks, wood box, spare tire, probe ports, 5" Tel-Tru thermometers
My SF.jpg
SF Racks.jpg
SF Back.jpg

wow seems like only yesterday you were ordering it!!

I saw it in your avatar and was wondering if you got it

looks sharp as heck!! Congrats!!

get that poker dirty now!!

Great lookin' pit! As excited as you were to get it, I just assumed you'd have it seasoning while you drove it home.... Can't wait to see you fire it up

That new design is sooooooooo sexy, def. on my list of upgrades. :heh:

Do you have a picture of the ash pan in the firebox?

I know its probably just basic, but I love pics :redface:

Very nice PJ! Been waiting to see your finished cooker! Now get that hunk o' steel dirty! Welcome to the SF Family!:thumb:

It's seasoning now. Started a fatty but the rain was too intense today.

wow seems like only yesterday you were ordering it!!

I saw it in your avatar and was wondering if you got it

looks sharp as heck!! Congrats!!

get that poker dirty now!!

Thanks! Poker is dirty.:wink: Appreciate all the advice you gave me.

Great lookin' pit! As excited as you were to get it, I just assumed you'd have it seasoning while you drove it home.... Can't wait to see you fire it up

I would have but the roads in Louisiana are so bad I would have been throwing lit wood chunks at cars.:shock:

That new design is sooooooooo sexy, def. on my list of upgrades. :heh:

Do you have a picture of the ash pan in the firebox?

I know its probably just basic, but I love pics :redface:

It definitely cooks pretty evenly. Biscuit test was good. I will get the pic tomorrow when it is cooled down.

congrats texas pete...sure looks sharp:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Appreciate it! I may have to change my signature include the new nickname that Paul gave me. I think it was an honest mistake and he just ran with it.:biggrin1: Now it's just funny like we are old friends. It's weird how a guy i have only met once for an hour or so seems like a life long friend.

Very nice. Congrats!!

Thanks! Only fired it up once but I am loving it.

Freakin sweet!

It's your fault I got drenched today:wink: Thought I could beat the rain and I was sooo wrong.:loco:

Back