Fireboard blower v Pit Viper

luckywales

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hi - first let me start by saying I find this forum to be incredibly educational and I'd appreciate some wisdom pointed in my direction.

I've searched but have yet to come across what I need. Basically, I bought a Fireboard, and would like to try out a blower. Many people have done the Fireboard and BBQGuru Pit Viper combo. In fact it's easier to find reviews on the PV, and I can't find any on the Fireboard blower, but when I called the BBQG this morning, they said I'd void my warranty if I bought their PV and used it with my fireboard. So:

a) Is that a concern? It seems like a relatively simply piece of hardware that shouldn't go wrong; but

b) Does anyone have any experience with using the Fireboard blower at all or with a WSM 18"?

Please help!

Fan

Hi I have used the BBG Guru fan with my Fireboard on my WSM 22".
I have read some where "IF" you use the Guru fan for your Fireboard it is then NOT covered under their warranty.
So far I love the Fireboard and their excellent customer service.
Dan B

Last edited:
OK - at least that's consistent with the message I received. Glad to hear your combo work. I appreciate your response.

What kind of smoker do you have? It seems like the FB blower is very generic. The BBQGuru adaptors can be very specific. I use a FB on my Primo, Gateway Drum, as well as offset. It's a great tool in cold weather.

Back