Comp Trailer owners ... remote probes

KC_Bobby

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Question for others with trailers that they use at comps.

Do your Mavericks, NuTemps and/or other remotes work inside your trailers? Don and I have a Maverick and a NuTemp and neither of the remotes would get the signal inside the trailer when we had the doors shut for the overnight. We tried new batteries and all and no luck. We even had to take the atomic clock outside to set too (thanks Vern).

Fortunately, this summer we'll be able to leave the side door open if we need to as it's generally not that hot in Iowa overnight in the summers.

But figured I'd ask to see if anyone else had the same issue and if so, if they came up with a solution.

Ever try a Pro-Com4 from the Guru guys? I don't have a trailer, but works throughout my house without an issue.

I have no problems in my trailer with my maverick.

Fortunately, this summer we'll be able to leave the side door open if we need to as it's generally not that hot in Iowa overnight in the summers.

Man thats not the Iowa I remember.About every other time I was there in the summer it was still 100 frigging degrees at 10pm.Must be a coonhuntin thing doesnt affect BBQ.LOL

Jeez Bobby, you built that trailer to block all signals. Must be some covert operation.

Ever try a Pro-Com4 from the Guru guys? I don't have a trailer, but works throughout my house without an issue.

That's what makes me think it's the metal. My Maverick works fine from my driveway to my kitchen (other end of the house and a floor up), but I couldn't keep a signal in the trailer from a smoker 20 feet away.

get a baby monitor to set next to your probes outside the trailer.

get a baby monitor to set next to your probes outside the trailer.
That's a great idea!

I haven't had the problem of not getting a signal, but I did have a problem with picking up another teams signal once. Now I'm thinking of a backup that is not a remote with the baby monitor.

Had the same problem with our trailer so we placed the reciever in the window and all was well. Actually duct taped to the window but thats the hillbilly in us.
Using a stoker now.

I have had trouble getting signal with my maveric in the trailer, have to keep door cracked (no windows). Funny it works at home in the kitchen. Maybe I should try rigging it in the ceiling vent :).

Man thats not the Iowa I remember.About every other time I was there in the summer it was still 100 frigging degrees at 10pm.Must be a coonhuntin thing doesnt affect BBQ.LOL

Coz, what kind of dogs do you have.?

Sorry, off the subject.

Back