3. R Butts R Smokin
4. MoKan Meatheads
5. Roastin Rednecks
6. Steve's Service BBQ Division
7. Lil' Fiddlers Smokin
8. Swine Flew
9. Cajun Cookers Too
10. Big D's Smokin Pit

Congrats Clubjoe on your first ever GRAND!!!! Enjoy the GAB, Royal and the Jack draw next season!!

Last edited:
Wow. The Brethren did a great job at this contest. Congrats to everyone for the great showing!

WOW, great job to all the brethern!

Randy, you might consider keeping that Gator. :eusa_clap

I gotta brag on Stan. He's been helping us (and a HUGE help he's been!) when he can all season long and earlier this season, he said we should do this contest. He said he was interested in cooking a category. So anyway, Stan did the brisket, Tammy did ribs and I did pork and chicken. We met at Sam's Club on Thursday (I'd been sick earlier in the week) and went through a brisket, pork and ribs selection and got to enjoy the attitude of a chick who wasn't happy she had to bring out more meat for us to choose from. I had to work on Friday so Stan picked up the van and smoker and headed down to set up. I arrived around 4:30. Stan's briskets smelled good enough to eat raw and in the bags after he'd finished trimming and seasoning. We were really happy with the way they looked when Stan and Tammy wrapped them. I passed along some help on brisket I got from Jeff of Bubba and Jeff's about brisket "feel" rather than just temp and probes sliding in like butter. We really liked the feel of the largest brisket and when Stan sliced into it, it was all there... moisture, tenderness and an awesome smoke flavor. We picked that one to turn in without even looking at the other two (I had bought a third one because Stan called and said one of the two he'd trimmed ended up being the size of two large burgers!). We were pretty certain he had nailed it when we put the LONG slices in the box. The photo below looks a bit dry but it definitely wasn't. Anyway, they kept calling brisket entries down towards first place and the further they went, the more I started to think the judges had lost their minds if they didn't like this brisket. I didn't ask Stan if he was thinking that or if he thought he had it won but man, when they called Big Creek for first in brisket, it was cool as hell! Stan was all smiles and his wife Amy (who had never been to a BBQ contest awards before) was as giddy as a school girl! She said she was worried because she thought Stan was gonna be hooked on comp BBQ now (sorry Amy... I think he already was :lol: ) but I think SHE is gonna be hooked as well!

Anyway, here's Stan's brisket and a photo of the proud guy with his first ever BBQ award! One in which he beat out Munchin Hogs at the Hilton (he was second in brisket)! You rock, bro!!! Nicely done!

Attachments

• stan-brisket.jpg
    stan-brisket.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 58
  • stan-brisket_award.jpg
    stan-brisket_award.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 57
Great post Jeff!

Congrats to Stan---some awesome looking beef there!

TIM

Jeff, Stan, Bob, and Wayne - You boys got yer swerve on! Way to go. Awesome brisket, Stan.

Stan, it was nice meeting you as well. That was a great looking turn in brother. Now I know what I need to improve on :p. Seriously though thanks to everyone for the well wishes. See you guys next spring, we are finished for this year. Have fun at the Royal next week guys. I will try to make it down for a cold one.

Back