Hello from Humble, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob n humble

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Real nice site glad I found it. Team name is HOT-NAS-KOOKERS. Stands for Hot Rods & Nascar. Been around outdoors cookin since I was young. From pigs & goats in the ground to chickens on a stick over an open fire. Started cookin with a big team back in the early 90's called the Swine-o's. Cooked the Houston Livestock Show amoung other things. They broke up in the mid 90's to ride Harley's. In the late 90's I decided that I would strike out on my own. We won a trophy an money our first time out, and have bee hooked since. Still coook with them now and again. We still cook the HLSR cookoff.
Jill & I were both Head Judges for IBCA. We are both CBJ for KCBS. We are both Head Judgers for Texas Gulf Coast Cookers. I was President for this bunch for 3 yrs. Now I'm Chairman of the Board. I'm also Vice President of the Humble Lions Club. I also promote a couple cookoff a year.
We both love to cook,and also be Head Judges. Becuse either way you still get to be around a great bunch of folks. One of them is alot cheaper. Hope to learn alot from everyone,and maybe help out some othes along the way.
Bob & Jill Blankenship

That's quite a resume, Bob. Glad to have you aboard!

Arlin

Welcome Bob! I cooked HSLR with a buddy several times in the mid/late 90's. Always an experience!

I had to try and find "Humble" once. Stopped in the town next to it and asked a guy where humble was. The guy looked at me like I was an idiot. Told me there was no "Humble"
I said there has to be.
I showed him the address I was trying to find.

OH! he says, you want "umble!"
For crap sake, how is one to know the "H" is silent?????

Oh yeah! Welcome aboard!!!!!
Have fun!

bbqjoe said:
I had to try and find "Humble" once. Stopped in the town next to it and asked a guy where humble was. The guy looked at me like I was an idiot. Told me there was no "Humble"
I said there has to be.
I showed him the address I was trying to find.

OH! he says, you want "umble!"
For crap sake, how is one to know the "H" is silent?????

Oh yeah! Welcome aboard!!!!!
Have fun!

That's one way we spot the interlopers:wink:

Welcome Bob Never Cooked The Houstin Live Stock Show But I Have Gone Down To Enjoy It.look Forward To Chatting

Thanks for making us feel welcome. To bbqjoe There use to be a bumper sticker years ago that read, If you don't like the way we pronounce the name get the "H" out of Humble. A little confusing at times I know. It's just our way to know if your a local or not HaHa.
Again thanks everyone.
Bob

Welcome Bob & Jill. You're in good company here. We've had some good chats about NASCAR in the Woodpile forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back