mini uds

schmitty28

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
any body have any suggestions for a mini UDS build looking to build something to do ABTS and other snacks on

Have you done a search? Do you have a 15 gallon drum with a lid? Are you willing to sacrifice that 14" Smokey Joe Silver thats become a spider habitat in the garage?

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Mini 1427 http://www.bigdrumsmokers.com/smokers.htm
The 1427 model is 14.5" diameter by 27.5" tall. Comes with one 13" cooking rack with 6 inches clearance. Fits 1 pork butt, or 1 whole chicken, or 1 brisket flat, or 1 beef chuck roast. Made from 20 gauge steel. Easy to carry and transport.

If its what you think you want to build PM me for specs.

I need some suggestions on where to find a drum for a mini at a good price BDS sight way too expensive for a mini or any other suggestions on what to use

I got mine from work.. They are not food grade but the nasty blue grease was in a bag inside the drums thankfully and so had no other liner. I did spend the better part of an hour in each of my two cleaning them though just to be safe. Any company with trucks that has their own shop will have this kind of drum and to me the effort is worth not having to spend 60+ $ on a new one online.

Back