Food PRON - for my class!

grilling24x7

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
In my ever growing love of taking pictures of my food I decided to enroll in a photography class. The instructor and my classmates are highly amused. I guess they never dreamed someone would only take food photos for critique!

My classmates show photos of mountains, babies, flowers.... and I come in with cheeseburgers, stuffed jalapenos, pizza, etc!

Here are a few - just sharing. It makes me laugh. Stuffed jalapeno pepper and a cheeseburger!

John

Attachments

• small pepper.jpg
    small pepper.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 261
  • burger_small.jpg
    burger_small.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 259
I dunno why I didn't think of that when I was in photo class... I always ended up taking shots of half naked women... :doh::wink:

Great looking shots!!
Cheers

Nice bokeh but can I recommend a little food photograper's trick? Just before you snap the pic spray the food with apple juice or water.

nothing to laugh at food photographers made darn good money making things look good so I say go for it.

Nice bokeh but can I recommend a little food photograper's trick? Just before you snap the pic spray the food with apple juice or water.
BANG!
Thanks Michael, I had puzzled over that glistening effect in the foodshots here in TD's!:thumb:

another trick I read about is to use instant mashed potatoes to prop foods up in the desired position. A food photographer in an article I read would carry boxes of the stuff to shoots.

The water spray also works good on plants, flowers, and spider webs...makes it look like "Dew" in the morning. Add some Honey to the water; and spray it on flowers and you can attract Bees, and Butterflies as well.

Of course there are CGI methods of making pics pop.

photoshop%20pic.jpg

:p

Excellent work and tips, I will be sharing these with my 11 year old son who has been doing 4H photography. He is always looking for something new. Didn't think I would pick up photography tips for him when I joined a BBQ forum, awesome!

I've been inspired...to make stuffed jalapeno's wrapped in bacon...oh and to take pictures of them.

Yumm!

Back