MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #316
esselle
Full Fledged Farker

That looks great! How long will it be before we can get it through iTunes?

Old 06-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #317
appdesigngeeks
Got Wood.

Esselle,

I am hoping it will be ready around Monday or Tuesday. Apple is usually a 6-7 day wait period after an app has been submitted. Android is only about an hour.

I will post something on the forum the minute it is approved.

Thanks
AppDesignGeeks
appdesigngeeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #318
esselle
Full Fledged Farker

Excellent thanks.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #319
Mccaf
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Sorry... I missed this post. Yes, that all looks right. Can you hit the web page of the CyberQ from a device on your local network using 10.0.1.123? That will verify that is it's local address.

What do you get when you try to use the public IP address of your router from a device on the internet?
Hey Ron, Yes. I can access it on xxx.123 address. When you say public IP address of the router I am confused. In Airport Utility there is the IPv4 address listed- which is the same address as when I type in "IP" in Google search, So I am assuming this is my public IP address; in Airport Utility there is listed "Router address" . When I type in either address into a URL field I get a time out error.
Is the DNS Server address the address I should be concerned about?
Thanks
Mccaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #320
Mccaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by appdesigngeeks View Post
Esselle,

I am hoping it will be ready around Monday or Tuesday. Apple is usually a 6-7 day wait period after an app has been submitted. Android is only about an hour.

I will post something on the forum the minute it is approved.

Thanks
AppDesignGeeks
Wow, great news! How much will it cost?

Old 06-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #321
appdesigngeeks
Got Wood.

Mccaf,

Free!!! :)

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #322
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccaf View Post
Hey Ron, Yes. I can access it on xxx.123 address. When you say public IP address of the router I am confused. In Airport Utility there is the IPv4 address listed- which is the same address as when I type in "IP" in Google search, So I am assuming this is my public IP address; in Airport Utility there is listed "Router address" . When I type in either address into a URL field I get a time out error.
Is the DNS Server address the address I should be concerned about?
Thanks
No. The DNS server address is the address your router uses to find stuff on the internet. When you type in www.google.com the DNS server translates that to an IP address the belongs to Google.

I don't have an Airport so I can't tell you which address is the right one, but using your browser go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ and it will tell you what your public IP address is. that's the address you want to put into your browser when you are outside of your network (on your phone on 4G, for example). If the port forwarding works you should see the Guru web UI.

If you want to PM me the result from http://www.whatismyip.com/ I can also try it from here.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #323
Mccaf

Quote:
No. The DNS server address is the address your router uses to find stuff on the internet. When you type in www.google.com the DNS server translates that to an IP address the belongs to Google.

I don't have an Airport so I can't tell you which address is the right one, but using your browser go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ and it will tell you what your public IP address is. that's the address you want to put into your browser when you are outside of your network (on your phone on 4G, for example). If the port forwarding works you should see the Guru web UI.

If you want to PM me the result from http://www.whatismyip.com/ I can also try it from here.
Thanks cap't Ron!

AirPort Extreme success;
Changed the port to 8080.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #324
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccaf View Post
Thanks cap't Ron!

AirPort Extreme success;
Changed the port to 8080.
Just to add a little more detail, it turned out that Mccaf's ISP (Cox) blocks incoming requests on port 80. This is fairly common.

Naked Fatties Rock!

Old 06-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #325
supercazzola
Found some matches.

Quote:
. Someone could not even sit on your LAN and use Packet Sniffing because the Username and Password is encrypted in the HTTP Header.

Thanks
AppDesignGeeks
Sorry, I'm confused. If the cyberq http daemon doesn't support ssl, how can you state the password isn't sent in the clear?
When I spoke to BBQ guru, they said CPU wasn't powerful enough to handle SSL and still perform well.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #326
appdesigngeeks
Got Wood.

Supercazzola,

If you run the Tool Fiddler and read through the packets you will see that that header information that contains the Username and Password is encrypted. So to gain access to your Wifi Guru they would need the Username and Password. Having the Username and Password encrypted is different than SSL securing all of they traffic to and from your device. The username and password is base64 encoded.

Your router can also block all traffic inbound, except for the one from your phone based on the mac address or ip address of your phone.

I wonder what the chances are of someone actually running a packet sniffing tool to monitor your cooking temps :)

Thanks
AppDesignGeeks

Old 06-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #327
redrum801
Got rid of the matchlight.

Quote:
Mccaf,

Free!!! :)
Wow free , I thought for sure you'd be charging for it , not that I'm trying to change your mind , is it an ipad app also ?
redrum801 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #328
spedly
Full Fledged Farker

Nice looking app. I used to use an older version of your app on my old iPhone but I'm now an Android guy. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on Google Play for this new version.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #329
Ron_L

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Just giving everyone an update on the BBQ Remote App.
I don't see it on the iTunes app store yet?

Naked Fatties Rock!

Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #330
ubp_sanity
Knows what a fatty is.

I keep checking myself, but who knows how long it will take to get approved..

Quote:
I don't see it on the iTunes app store yet?
ubp_sanity is offline   Reply With Quote