Brisktionary

Looks perfect. :thumb:

I don't trust my main fridge for wet aging and don't have a separate fridge. :sad:

Did you injected this one with phosphates?

Curious as to why it rested for 4 hrs. Part of your process, or just didn't need it for 4 hrs? Looks great BTW and I am planning to test a fast cook shortly (when I catch them on sale... my God, why are they so expensive?? lol).

It's part of my process of making me feel like I'm doing a low and slowwwwww cook by giving it a 4h rest:biggrin1: No but seriously I like a long rest after smoking a brisket in a cooler one reason is because I don't need it for 4h but the other is cause I like to slowly cool the meat and redistribute the juices throughout the meat, resting is a good thing. Ya brisket or meat in general is pricey these days but a man needs his meat and women do to :mrgreen:

Looks perfect. :thumb:

I don't trust my main fridge for wet aging and don't have a separate fridge. :sad:

Did you injected this one with phosphates?

Ya I used my MINI fridge to hold this brisket at around 33-38* I only opened it to flip the meat once a week. No phosphates were used in this experiment, but the next one I wet age will be done for 70 days and injected with my super secret solution :twitch:

That looks fantastic! I've never wet aged more than 30 days. Will try longer next go round.

That looks fantastic! I've never wet aged more than 30 days. Will try longer next go round.

I made my meat guy at Costco's open up a whole other case to get the date and it was Jan 25 and I bought it Feb 25 he said they had never been frozen. I told him what I was doing and he said he dry ages steaks at his house in a fridge, cool guy good luck with your next one brotha

Dude, that really looks top-notch. Nice work and I bet that was some sweeeet brisket. Congrats and thanks for the post-up!

Not sure how I've been missing this thread, but glad I'm seeing it now - nice work! :clap2:

I've been using BP lately as well. I don't know if it works better or not, but it sure is cheap and it's also great for putting down on the area where I'm working and keeping it clean. :thumb:

Not sure how I've been missing this thread, but glad I'm seeing it now - nice work! :clap2:

I've been using BP lately as well. I don't know if it works better or not, but it sure is cheap and it's also great for putting down on the area where I'm working and keeping it clean. :thumb:

Thx brother:thumbup: Ya it sure is man, I also love to use it on my prep area easy clean up:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

All looks Super AustinKnight. Do you know of a reference for wet aging brisket? I would like to try that.

I think I have some links bookmarked on my laptop I'll post it when I get home. I just googled wet aged brisket and read a lot of the forums that came up, that's basically how I figured it out I also asked on here too http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126794 some say not to go past 30 or 40 days of the (kill date/packed date)I chose to push the limits and this was my end result.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Thanks AustinKnight, I will pick up a choice brisket next week and talk with the butcher about it. Lots of great info on your previous thread. :clap2:

Thanks AustinKnight, I will pick up a choice brisket next week and talk with the butcher about it. Lots of great info on your previous thread. :clap2:

Your welcome Toast happy to help:becky: here is another good read, hope all this helps it's not really hard you just need the package date off the box from the butcher and a dedicated fridge between 33-38*. And look for bubbles every week mine only got about the size of a BB at 60 days, I've read that if they get to a dime size then you need to think about cooking it or freeze it at that point.

http://www.goodcooking.com/steak/aging/aging.htm

Back