Beef Plate Short Ribs

Great looking ribs. I have three slabs of baby backs in the fridge and am thinking of adding the short ribs to the cook this week. Your post sealed the deal.

I also cooked beef short ribs this weekend. I did two racks (4 bones each) that I purchased from Costco (choice) and like you I cooked them on a WSM (22.5"). The short ribs I cooked before were cut across the ribs in 2"-3" in strips. Those cooked in right at 6 hours. While the WSM averaged 275-280 degrees these full 'racks' took substantially longer. Just curious, how long did yours take to cook?

Beef ribs are my favorite food group! Yours look delicious!!

Mighty fine cook! I bet they tasted great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good to know Sam's gets the 3 Rib Plates, I will go there next time I want to do Beef Ribs. I did some this past weekend, but my source only had 4 Rib plates and they weren't as large as yours. Taste was fine, but I want to try the 3 Rib plates next time.

Ok. Rookie question. What’s the difference in short ribs & the big Dino ribs? Those short ribs look pretty big to me? I’d like to give those a try. Thanks

Ok. Rookie question. What’s the difference in short ribs & the big Dino ribs? Those short ribs look pretty big to me? I’d like to give those a try. Thanks

When you order ribs at your local butchery or at a restaurant, they're usually from the Short Plate section of a cow's rib cage, cut into smaller 2- to 3-inch pieces and labelled as beef short ribs. “Dino bones” are these self-same rib bones before they're cut to size.

Back