New member with a question

Country

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hey guys, just recently found this site. I am sure this has been beat to death in other threads, if so please direct me to those. I am looking for a offset reverse flow smoker in the price range of 3k to 4k. I would like for it to be a pull behind unit. Any opinions(šŸ˜¬) on options in or near Ga? Thanks

Shirley Fabrication is awesome option, though with a lead time. Lang would also be one to consider.

Welcome to the site!

I will second the motion for Shirley Fab smokers. Top notch in every way and a brethren to boot, but it is quite a wait for a new unit. If you need one sooner, I really like the smokers at Black Warrior Smokers. They are in Alabama and look solid.

I recommend Shirley but like others have said there is a wait time to consider. They are elite cookers and there is a sale forum on here and a fan page on FB where they come up for sale occasionally if you don't want to wait.

Checked out Shirley Fab site and they look awesome. Anyone have any idea on turnaround time?

Checked out Shirley Fab site and they look awesome. Anyone have any idea on turnaround time?
Last I heard over 3 years but you'd need to call or email to be sure. I love mine!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last I heard over 3 years but you'd need to call or email to be sure. I love mine!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Holy crap! I can't wait that long. I am bout to bust to get my hands on a cooker. Been wanting one for years and it is finally a possibility. I guess I will have to look elsewhere for now at least. I did message them on FB for a timeline. Thanks for the info

Holy crap! I can't wait that long. I am bout to bust to get my hands on a cooker. Been wanting one for years and it is finally a possibility. I guess I will have to look elsewhere for now at least. I did message them on FB for a timeline. Thanks for the info
Check the sale forum here and FB. I haven't seen one yet for resale that's been abused. These might be the only cookers I can think of that have little to no depreciation if properly maintained. Good luck.

Welcome to the Site!
The suggestions here are all solid, and from the voice of experience. They will not steer you wrong.
Let us know what you decide and when you get your new smoker.
Again, Welcome to the Brethren!

Another recommendation for Lang...just about a 2 hour drive for you. The wait time should be super quick and likely less than a month. I spoke to them a few years ago when I was looking for cookers and they were very nice, quick to respond, and they have been RF smokers for a LONG time.

Depending on what you plan on cooking I would personally expand that budget (just a bit, even if you have to wait a couple of months) and go with the base model Lang 60" trailer. That's a solid workhorse of a cooker and it gives you enough cook space to do whole animals; pigs, lambs, goats, etc.. I would not recommend going with the Deluxe model because that warming box is pretty tiny for what you're getting. I'm also personally not a big fan of the attached grills on offset smokers because they usually don't perform as well as something like a Weber Kettle.

Good luck moving forward and I think you'll be very happy with Lang. Shirley Fabrications makes some amazing stuff, but that waiting list is brutally long.

Welcome aboard! The Brethren like to spend folks money. :mrgreen:
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Scroll down to the lower left. Adjust the timeline from 10 days to weeks/months. Then show results.
There are quite a few trailer smokers that are forsale. Some are not reverse flow. Are you set on reverse flow?
Check it daily.

Custom Pits & Fab in Watkinsville isn't that far from you. They have some pretty solid trailers in your price range and lead times shouldn't be bad. I'm well pleased with my A1 for the money that I spent...

There is a beautiful Shirley 24x50 round body on a trailer for sale in Arkansas. You MIGHT even be able to get it for a steal if you played it right. Something tells me Paul might like for it to have a new owner...PM me for details...

Welcome aboard! The Brethren like to spend folks money. :mrgreen:
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Scroll down to the lower left. Adjust the timeline from 10 days to weeks/months. Then show results.
There are quite a few trailer smokers that are forsale. Some are not reverse flow. Are you set on reverse flow?
Check it daily.

I feel like I am sold on reverse flow. Never cooked on one but seems like the way to go. What is your opinion on the difference

Back