MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
HuskerMan
Full Fledged Farker

Default What to do with the rest of this Weber body?

Picked up this Weber that I want to use the lid for an UDS. Not sure on what to do with the rest of it, take it to the dump? Don't really have any interest/use in the rest of the body or table.

Just kidding. My latest craiglist score. Listed at $75 and picked it up for $60. Didn't think that was to bad of a deal. According to him they were offered the full $75 after we came to the $60 agreement they were honest enough to still honor said agreement. Looks like it was built in 2005 and overall in pretty good shape. It could use a new charcoal grate. Also it does have a few chips/scratches in the dome. What's the best way to repair those?
HuskerMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 05-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
HookedOnQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Man u had me going for a second. Awesome score !!!

Old 05-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

That's why they didn't email me back for the past two days.

I'm glad a brethren got it. You will love it. Too bad Wahoo Locker just had its fire.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Dude, you got me riled up when I fell for your opening line.... That is an awesome score. You can get some high temp engine paint (black glossy) and spray some on a little brush and touch it up. Not as good as the original but better than the ding.

Enjoy that!

Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)
[url]http://www.amlwoodart.com[/url]
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
aawa
Babbling Farker

Great score! I picked up a 2005 performer just like the one you had yesterday. They had it listed at $100 i picked it up for $50. I found a site that sells parts for the 2005 for a good price if you are going to restore it. PM me and i'll send you the link.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #6
charrederhead
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

HA! Fooled me too....nice find.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Ahh, you bastage, I was just about to scroll down and holler at you!

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #8
Garrett
Babbling Farker

Yep, had me going too!! Was about to start calling you all kinds of bad stuff!! Nice score.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

Another one hooked!

I was thinking....I can make room for a performer.....

Niiiiiice score!

Old 05-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerMan View Post
Just kidding. My latest craiglist score. Listed at $75 and picked it up for $60.
I had already checked your location before I got to this point.

Nice score! Scratches are a problem because the finish is porcelain and I'm not aware of a good way to fix it. I would just spray some pam on it and wipe it off to prevent further rust. That should cure like oil on CI pans and give decent protection.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
HuskerMan
Full Fledged Farker

Ya I have been keeping an eye out multiple times a day and finally came across this one. I will end up putting probably another $30 in it for the charcoal baskets and a new charcoal grate. Unfortunately with this purchase I'm to the point were the wife is starting to question just how many cookers I need and I'm starting to run out of excuses on why I need each one.
HuskerMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #12
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Ya I have been keeping an eye out multiple times a day and finally came across this one. I will end up putting probably another $30 in it for the charcoal baskets and a new charcoal grate. Unfortunately with this purchase I'm to the point were the wife is starting to question just how many cookers I need and I'm starting to run out of excuses on why I need each one.
The only reason you need each cooker is because you are a man! That is the only answer you need to give! I guess also that might be the reason why I haven't ever been married lol.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #13
Budman1
is one Smokin' Farker

Fish on! Had me also til I scrolled down.

Bob
Semper Fi
Budman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
Fake Farmer
On the road to being a farker

I was thinking, "Do you mind mailing it my way?"! Everyone talks about performers going cheap in their area....not in the Annapolis/DC/Baltimore area!
Fake Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #15
1911Ron
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Ron

Quote:
Ok, here is is the reasoning i use, each cooker does something better than another one, you can do several types of cooks all at once, you choose the cooker that suits your mood, i could go on but my wife is watching