Hello from HomeBBQ.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

homebbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hello All,

My name is Kevin from the web site, competition team, and rubs - HomeBBQ.com.

Having met Dave and Tim, and a recent emails with Phil, I wanted to come by and check this site out.

Great job Phil, and to all that help him run it.

A little about myself:

I started cooking BBQ sometime in 1980 with a small ECB type cooker, I bought for $28.00 at an Ekerd drug store here in Florida.

After relocating to Texas (Dallas/Ft Worth and San Antonio), I really learned to eat, cook, and appreciate bbq. In 1990 I bought a WSM (at that time they were shorter than they are now), in 1993 I moved back to Florida and bought a New Braunfels Bandera. It was a great cooker, and weighed a ton!

Anyway, I also own a medium sized BGE, which I bought in 1996.
In 2002 I got the competition bug, and decided to buy a Lang 84. I
still use it in competition today. I would definately be considered a stick burner, and my wood of choice is Hickory.

My wife and I have done pretty well in competition so far, and hope that continues.

Look forward to posting here when I can..

Welcome Kevin! Always good to have another brother! Don't be a "hit and miss" member, I'm sure you LOTS fo valuable information you can share. Great to have you among us!

Welcome aboard, Kevin! Glad you decided to check us out. It'll be interesting to hear your input from such an experienced Q'er.

BTW, nice to have another Florida Boy around! I was born and raised near you in Orlando. Back then, Oveido was considered "The Sticks", now the urban sprawl of O-Town has gotten so big, it's like a suburb of Orlando! In fact, my son-in-law lives in Oveido. :D

Welcome Kevin. Thanks for checking in - Tim and I have been talking about you guys for a while.

Welcome Kevin!

I've been to your site many times. You have some good info over there. I'm sure you will love it here. Really great people here. Feel free to share what you know. We are always willing to learn!

Mista

Welcome Kevin. Your insite in competitions could come in real handy if you want to put some pointers in the competition section. Looks like we're going to have to put together a Florida Bash.

My wife and I have done pretty well in competition so far, and hope that continues.
Folks, this is the understatement of the decade!
Reigning multi-year FBA Team of the Year and on and on and on :lol:
And, the best folks you will ever want to meet.
Clara even liked my ABT's late at night at Sebring :lol:

Kevin and Clara--welcome.

Root around and chime in when you wish.

Glad to have you here!

TIM

Wow - I thought I was old school with a '97 (left over from 1996) model. I didn't know NB Bandera's were around in 1993. Welcome and enjoy!

- LeeBo

Wecome aboard Kevin. I look forward to learning from your input.

Thanks.... I really appreciate the welcome...

I am trying to think of exactly when I bought that Bandera, it was not in 93... I did move back to Florida in 93, I am thinking it may have been in 94. Its getting tougher and tougher to remember these things. When will we see you cooking down here again Tim?

When will we see you cooking down here again Tim?
Kevin--I will handle that question by PM, or in person ---later.
Things are developing with David and I and the Southern Brethren team.
Mobile is coming up for us and it will determine where and how we go from there.
I assume you will be at Crestview.

You definately will see both of us as FBA Judges, if not competetors :oops:

Later,

TIM

Welcome Kevin and Clara - it's an honor to have you here and we look forward to your invaluable contributions.

homebbq said:
Thanks.... I really appreciate the welcome...

When will we see you cooking down here again Tim?
Kevin, My Wife and I will be at the FBA event in Okeechobee this weekend - will you and Clara be around? Would love to drop over and say, Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back