Roll Call. Inside 30 days. I Love BBQ-Lake Placid, NY

Smoke on Wheels will be there!!! We are not vending, but are going to help cook for the judging class.

The Circus Will be in Town on Thursday Night, Circus Headquarters is at the Marriott Courtyard on Route 73 if anybody wants to stop for a drink..

lunchmeat will be there... can't wait to get me some D... heheh

The Circus Will be in Town on Thursday Night, Circus Headquarters is at the Marriott Courtyard on Route 73 if anybody wants to stop for a drink..

I've got a catering gig on Thursday afternoon, so we won't be in until Friday - mid-day.

Got chicken?

And all you Thursday arrivals, do you have time to help with the CBJ class on Friday. Andy you sound a little flustered about the whole thing.

And all you Thursday arrivals, do you have time to help with the CBJ class on Friday. Andy you sound a little flustered about the whole thing.

He isn't flustered....it was just getting the meat. Dmitry said he will get it for us to cook, so we are good. That was the only issue.

Kim, there is a Sam's Club in Watertown, NY. Which is the road (I think rt. 3) that you turn off of 81 to head into Lake Placid... I would call ahead to make sure they had my meat for me and they always took care of me...

Not flustered at all... Just cooking 1300miles from home... so cooler space, hot food space, etc. are all questions.

Having cooked for a couple classes - inevitably there is something that needs "MacGyvered" -- so I am just trying to nail down all the logistics now, since I can't just run home to grab extra of whatever might be needed. :mrgreen:

And you do the classes slightly different than us... for example, you noted the cook provides the meat, usually, and just gets reimbursed. Our organizers or reps usually have all that, and we just show up and cook... So just working through the nuances.

Sorry if I sound thick, or flustered... just want to make sure I get the work done, and done right :) Unfortunately I'm overly obsessive.

Only thing left on the list in my mind, is who prepping boxes, and how they are to be prepped... I'm thinkin there are several "thursday night" folks here, that we'll get to help pull all that off. Right Julie and Michelle? Late night lettuce party anyone?:icon_clown

Kim, there is a Sam's Club in Watertown, NY. Which is the road (I think rt. 3) that you turn off of 81 to head into Lake Placid... I would call ahead to make sure they had my meat for me and they always took care of me...

There's also a restaurant depot in Buffalo...we'd just have to keep it frozen.

Back