THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jdtTX

Full Fledged Farker
I should have done this a long time ago. That extra 4 inches really matters (just don't tell my wife that :eek:)

Makes the 22 look tiny.

l2lA9SEl.jpg

lyzI1Spl.jpg

Last edited:
The main thing that keeps me from going to a 26" model is the lack of an affordable rotisserie insert. Until that happens, I'll keep rocking my 22".

Stop it! I've been looking for a deal on craigslist but am weakening on just buying a new one. I'm doing OK with restraint, but you guys aren't helping!

Stop it! I've been looking for a deal on craigslist but am weakening on just buying a new one. I'm doing OK with restraint, but you guys aren't helping!

i ended up going new. looked forever for a used one, but they never pop up on craigslist or facebook. i had already written off the 150 for a new 22, so i really looked at it as just $150 since i factored that other in as a sunk cost. :D plus is comes with the little weber charcoal baskets and the stainless grate.

I've also been wanting a 26" Kettle. I was actually checking them out on Weber's website the other day and noticed that they now have a 24" model that looks like it is positioned to compete with the BGE. It is not ceramic like the BGE, it is still porcelain enameled like all Weber kettles but it is "air insulated double walled". It has a similar shape to the BGE and some similar features like the diffuser plate and the rapidfire lid damper. Also has a hinged lid which is nice, and a has a gas fired ignition system for lighting the coals.

The problem is it costs more than 4 times what the 26" kettle costs. I'd like to know if anyone here has seen one in person and whether they think they are worth the money? I wonder how far they could drop the price if they offered a stripped down version without the gas ignition system.

I love mine! Use mine with a slow n sear when I want to smoke one or two small items. The pair will go up against $1000 cookers.

Bought my 26er used on craigslist for 50 bucks and splurged on a new slow n sear since I got a good deal on the grill.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The summit? Many of us have them. Well worth the money. Feel free to PM with questions

I've also been wanting a 26" Kettle. I was actually checking them out on Weber's website the other day and noticed that they now have a 24" model that looks like it is positioned to compete with the BGE. It is not ceramic like the BGE, it is still porcelain enameled like all Weber kettles but it is "air insulated double walled". It has a similar shape to the BGE and some similar features like the diffuser plate and the rapidfire lid damper. Also has a hinged lid which is nice, and a has a gas fired ignition system for lighting the coals.

The problem is it costs more than 4 times what the 26" kettle costs. I'd like to know if anyone here has seen one in person and whether they think they are worth the money? I wonder how far they could drop the price if they offered a stripped down version without the gas ignition system.

Back