re-heating Brisket

AKdreamer

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hello,
Can I cook a Brisket the day before eatting it? Is it safe to just put in the fridge and re-heat via a sous vide to 160? Any tips and tricks greatly appreciated. Jay

It is just for me and my family for a party. Not selling anything to anybody.

If you want a faster cool down and have room in your freezer use it to lower the temp. When it gets down to mid 30's move into your fridge.

The day before eating.

That is a tough one.

Personally, I'd be tempted to start it late the night before (or very early the day of, depending on what time your event is) then when its done just cooler it.

I've had a brisket hold temp in a cooler for 4 hours and still be 160+

Depending on if you go Hot and Fast or low and slow the numbers back into nearly 24 hours, or 12 hours.

Personally, non catering, I'd skip the cool down reheat altogether and just adjust my timelines.

But my cookers run unattended for 3-6 hours at a time, so YMMV.

Didn't really answer your original question though.

When I just add up all the time to add to freezer, pull to fridge, then heat back up, the day before scenario doesn't work for me, from a math standpoint in 24 or so hour period.

Good luck with your event!

A friend of mine was able to keep a brisket safely at temp overnight, by wrapping it in plastic, foil and then filling all the space in his cooler with towels. I'm gonna try that idea this weekend with a whole bone in pork shoulder

I made a poor man's warming cabinet with a cooler, a construction clean up bag and a sous vide. Here's today's Memorial Day cook. Held 10 hours at a perfect 145.

29d8opk.jpg

rbmecl.jpg

v44c1z.jpg

Back