Woo-hoo! I finally found some Chuck Eye steaks!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
I've been looking for these for the last two years and I haven't seen them anywhere. Then, out of the blue, on a quick beer run to my local Vons this weekend, (which always has lousy meat that I never buy) I decided on a whim just to see what they had.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a lone package of two nice looking chuckeyes. It took all of two seconds for that meat to find its way in my basket. I've heard so many good things from other Brethren about this cut of beef, I can't wait to try it. Hopefully Thursday or Friday night.

Will definitely post cook pics.

Congrats! They're available here all the time, and especially when a store has a "chuck roast" sale. It's one of my faves. A poor man's ribeye.

Nice score. My son is a very finicky steak eater but he loves chuck eyes. I have found that they are best with a hot and fast cook to MR. But, I guess I have found that's the case with most steaks. But, chuckeyes are a bit less forgiving than some other cuts when it comes to cook time.

Nice score. My son is a very finicky steak eater but he loves chuck eyes. I have found that they are best with a hot and fast cook to MR. But, I guess I have found that's the case with most steaks. But, chuckeyes are a bit less forgiving than some other cuts when it comes to cook time.

This is a good point. It seems usually they're often cut too thin at 1/2 to 3/4".

Nice score!! you'll love em'!!

This is a good point. It seems usually they're often cut too thin at 1/2 to 3/4".

Hmm, round here they're usually at least an inch thick, I've contemplated requesting the whole chuck eye from the butcher and cooking it like a tender loin to see what I get...

Oh, BTW, ^^^^BAN!!!!!

I've even cooked them hot and fast seasoned with fajita seasoning. Then sliced them thin and made tacos with it. It was fantastic and very tender. Since they're cheap they are good for lots of things

Back