Does anyone not have a thermapen?

D

Dallasbbqcaterting

Man id like to be the guy who is selling those. They are great, and I see everyone with them these days!

I don't have one. I would like one. But, do not have one.

almost bit the bullet more than a few times, and will end up with one soon, but just haven't gotten around to it yet

Just got my red one 3 days ago. Came with a free pocket thermo, free leather holster and free shipping....i figured why not.

Would love one just cant justify spending a $100 for one right now. Things are tight in this house hold.

I have hundreds of them - I keep them at the Thermoworks factory :)

I'd love to have one, but $100 is a lot of money for a thermometer. I'm gonna challenge Ron L to a wrestling match for his... :)

Actually, I have been looking at some of the others ones that Thermoworks sell. I have been using Thermopens for a few years, but one problem you have is that when the meat is in the smoker, it is hard to read the unit sometimes, especially if it is in the back. Some of their other units have the temp probe on a cord, where the actual unit stays outside the smoker when you are getting the read. And they have just as fast of a reponse time.
Hopefully I will get one soon and report back.

I dont. I have a Water & Shock Resistant Backlit Maverick PT-100 :-D

I've got 2. A trusty original. Father's Day netted me a new splashproof. I think the Mrs wants me to keep one where she can find it.:p

Nope, but I have the MTC instead. Great unit and I can swap the thermocouples out if I want to measure different stuff. I've got the needle type probe for meat, and will be getting the bigger probe for liquids for when I homebrew. I've been considering the stainless braided clip probe for grate temps during cook.

This way I only need one...

No, I don't have one. But I did recently purchase a Thermoworks RT301WA pocket thermometer and 2 Thermoworks TW362B Cooking thermometer/timers. I like both of these models and would recommend them.

I don't have one, but I was just reading in the Competition BBQ section about must have gadgets and almost everyone listed their thermapen so I bit the bullet and went on the thermoworks website and just ordered one.
I ordered the red one and it comes with a free digital timer. I can't wait for it to get here! :p

I have one but it reads in Celsius DOH!!!

Wanna trade? lol

except for mayb4e prime rib... I see no need for one. Chicken, Pork, brisket and ribs all give audible and visual and even olfactory clues as to when they are done... then there is feel....

^^^ exactly. I have a $10 wallmart digital that I keep as a backup to my Maverick. The only meat I temp check is pork butt since I usually cook boneless. Brisket gets the poke test, ribs get the bend test, and chicken I can tell just by how the skin looks. People that have them love 'em though. The owner was on BBQ Central podcast last week.

I dont have a therapen but I do have the 6 second one they sell for 24$ and its pretty quick and a fourth the price:thumb:

I have two of the fastest on the face of the earth GREEN thermapens, older model and the new splash proof! Nice tools

Back