Calling all STOKER USERS

P

pens92

Need help with ideas in making a waterproof container for my new Stoker, I know its not waterproof any ideas including pictures of what you have would be great Thanks Don PS next to my Primo Oval this has to be the best thing I've bought I love this thing!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
tupperware over the top of it... with a rock on top if its windy, and I put a cardboard box over the fan on my WSMs

i use a tupperware with a hole drilled in it and a small dab of silicon around the wires going out of the tup....its worked for 4 yrs

I use a plastic salad container. I cut a slot in the bottom with a razor knife to pull all the wires thru. Set it all up, snap the cover on & you're ready to roll.

I picked up a range box and a couple of outdoor outlet covers, cut a hole in each end the size of the opening in the outlet cover. The box is waterproof and the outlet covers are a couple of inches off the bottom, If it rains I figure I am good as long as the area doesn't flood more than 2 inches. The box is also large enought to hold a wireless router, a power strip, and all of the probes, fans and any other back up probes that we bring to the contest.

get a tupperware container with a good locking lid. Drill a hole in one end just barely big enough to get a 45 degree PVC 2 inch elbow in there...it will be tight...wiggle in there carefully and then wrap in duck tape. Run the wires out of the elbow..I did this for my stoker and have been cooking in 12 inches of snow, all night rainstorms, you name it...dry as a bone and all the goodies are inside the container and the wires run out of it nicely. Plus, it makes for a nice storage container for all your stoker/guru gear

Back