Loaded Up...Moving out

lcbateman3

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Loaded up and heading to the comp site for Hogfest 2010 in Edenton NC. First one ever....I think I loaded the kitchen sink somewhere.....Pictures to come....

good luck, hope you have a great time. If I were there I would make sure I was somewhere close to Big Mo early in the AM and hope that Sue was offering drinks with pickles :thumb::becky:

Best of luck and have a great time.

Make sure you note which stuff you DIDNT need and leave it home next time. After a couple comps you'll get down to the essentials and it'll make things so much easier. I've only done 3 and I cant believe how much stuff I eliminated. :thumb:

Made it home in one piece. Worn out. Had a good time though. Setup beside Iron Pig, he was a great help. I finished 27th overall, not bad for my first time I think. Had a few issues, that affected me. Had some weird brisket issues. Will post more later, need shower and sleep!

good luck, hope you have a great time. If I were there I would make sure I was somewhere close to Big Mo early in the AM and hope that Sue was offering drinks with pickles :thumb::becky:

Wish I had known that.......

Really, I had a great time doing it. I learned so much, met some great people, and looking foward to the next one. I got the pics up on facebook, now need to get them to photo bucket and post some here.

Looking foward to October when my next one is planned for, unless I run across another one.

chicken.jpg

ribs-1.jpg

setup.jpg

fattie.jpg

Chicken didnt turn out the way I wanted to. The trimmed ones were horrible, so I had some whole thighs I put in there. Back to the drawing board on those.

Ribs didnt turn out great either. Over cooked and the sauced bombed on it for some reason.

Our setup that night is the 3rd picture.

And the 4th is the fattie....big hit with our neighbors....

Back