Buffalo Chicken ABTs

TrustTheDust

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has tried this before, but these things turned out pretty damn good. This little concoction was a Franklinstein creation of two of my favorite appetizers: ABTs and Buffalo Chicken Dip. Here is my step-by-step creation process if this seems to tickle your fancy.

The first step was to make a "Beer Can Franklin Chicken". I used a simple rub of whatever I had in the spice cabinet (some garlic, basil, pepper) and basted with butter. Cooked on my Weber gasser and topped with Benjamin Franklin's head.

4377078963_5bab85c00e.jpg

Once that was done, I pulled "Beer Can Franklin" into bite-sized chunks suitable for pepper stuffing.

Next step, I hollowed out some jalapeno peppers with my trusty chile twister.
4377013683_2b62e119ac.jpg

After I had not-so-thoroughly washed my hands and scratched my eyes a few times, I was ready to make the stuffing. I took some Frank's Wing Sauce and mixed it in with the chicken I had pulled. Then I added the sauced-up chicken to a brick of cream cheese. Make sure to use the good stuff, that fat-free business is for the birds.

4377765132_4c7c695da7.jpg

(Nuclear fall-out orange is the appropriate color)

Stuffed my cored jalepenos...
4377766614_f912c372f0.jpg

Wrapped with bacon, and tossed them on the grill.
4377017855_e4d181c05e.jpg

4377019649_97bdc3c159.jpg

These things turned out awesome. I recommend you try these tasty little critters for your next champagne jam.

Looks good to me. You may be on to something. Good job. :icon_cool

Thanks for the idea. I'll try them soon as the spring thaw comes by here.

Man does that look and sound good- now added to my to do list- Thanx.

Looks really good to me!:cool: Love the Franklin chicken.

Man, that stuffing mixture looks like it would make a great dip too. Excellent ABTs!

deguerre said:
Man, that stuffing mixture looks like it would make a great dip too. Excellent ABTs!

For the dip I layer cream cheese blocks, then the saucy chicken, and top with mozzarella then bake until bubbly. Sometimes I toss some gorganzola ontop too. If you are a wing fan, it rocks.

Man I can't wait to make that, but I am not sure where I am going to get a Ben Franklin head to make the chicken with. Looks awsome.

Big Mike

They look great ! Buffalo chicken dip rocks!! I use hooters wing sauce. This is a must make on my list.

Back