MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring

Notices

BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring *On Topic Only* From the Backyard to the American Royal... thats our motto. Here is a place for those interested in Competition BBQ, but not yet ready to venture out alone can hook up and help out our veteran teams to see what its like on "The Dark Side". More instructions inside.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Arrow Smoke-N-My-I's **Mountain High BBQ & Music Festival, Franklin,NC Aug 6-8, 2009

I NEED some help.

I found out when I walked in the house this afternoon, that my wife can not make it. So, basically, I am alone....

Is there anybody that is available, and willing to help out at this comp.

Mountain High BBQ & Music Festival, Franklin,NC Aug 6-8, 2009

http://www.mountainhighbbqfestival.com/

I promise not to over work you, and all I basically need is someone to help set up (if possible Thursday afternoon, if not, no biggie, I can do it) keep an eye on the fire a little so I can get some shut eye Friday night, fetch, help clean up, run turn in's, and then clean up and pack up Saturday afternoon.

I will have coffee, and eats, water, gator aid, etc. (no adult beverages). And, if you insist on some BBQ on Saturday, I will see if I can scrounge up a little.... There is a possibility that my baby brother may be up from FL, but he has already told me that he will NOT stay all Friday night.

So if you want to come hang out, get your hands "dirty", learn a few tricks, and have a great time, please let me know.

Any questions, pm me.

Thanks,
Bill

2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
NelsonC
On the road to being a farker

Bill,

Not to steal your spotlight, but I am in EXACTLY the same boat. Obviously, we can't help each other with cooking, but if you need any help loading/unloading cookers, coolers or putting up ez-ups, I'll be glad to give you a hand. At the very least, stop by my site for a soda (I don't drink at contests either).
NelsonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Sound ok. Send me a pm with your phone number, and we can work out some details and if you want to travel together, we can. I am right at where I-85 sound meets up with I-40 on the east end above Raleigh. If you don't want to travel the mountains, I am planning on going the southern route. Abt 30 mile further for me, but hardly no mountains to worry with, and I figure it will save enough in gas to pay for the extra miles. And besides, the gas in SC is a WHOLE lot cheaper. When we went to Gaffney a coule of weeks ago, it was like 30 cents a gallon cheaper... so I plan on stopping and filling up there going and coming.

Bill
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote