Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Mountain High BBQ & Music Festival, Franklin,NC Aug 6-8, 2009

smoke-n-my-i's

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I know there is another one or two threads for Franklin, but this is the official inside 30 day who is coming.....

Smoke-N-My-I's Competition BBQ Team (that is me) will be there. My official first cook under my name for this year... so, everyone is getting the official I will be there, and the chance for you getting DAL is now lifted.... good luck to all that is coming.

Bill

My wife just walked in and handed me the packet from Franklin. As of July 13th, they only have 6 more spots available. They are hoping to get 42 teams.... so if you haven't registered yet, you might want to hurry....

Also, I have an RSVP card for a spaghetti dinner that the chamber is putting on Thursday night at 7pm.... come hungry.

Bill

We will be there
Bayou Poker Smokers

From the list of teams on the Mountain High website as of this morning, they appear to be full. We are really looking forward to this show and hope to see you all there.

Guess we'll have to bring our own coffee pot and some Community Coffee from Bayou land since Bill is cutting us all off from his magic, have a cup get a call, coffee pot.

We will be there
Bayou Poker Smokers

From the list of teams on the Mountain High website as of this morning, they appear to be full. We are really looking forward to this show and hope to see you all there.

Guess we'll have to bring our own coffee pot and some Community Coffee from Bayou land since Bill is cutting us all off from his magic, have a cup get a call, coffee pot.[/quote

I counted the number on the list, I counted 43 teams, 1 more than my letter said they were wanting, so apparently, they are not setting a limit. This should be a good one....

Coffee will be there. You can come by and take a smell if you dare... :biggrin: and if you promise that if you do get some, and you get a call, you will forfeit it to me... :p I will share some....

ok, being the nice guy that I am, I will share some. How many are up for it?

We are in. Late entry but they said that they still had three spot...I guess it's two now. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Man I would love to be there, but I just don't think I can swing it. I grew up for a while in Franklin and first learned how to make Q in Cullowhee (Whole Hog, Pig Piggin)! I drove through Maggie Valley for the comp last year and promised myself to take a week off and compete this year, but priorities, priorities. Are both comps going on this year? Next year maybe I can do it since I'll live just a few hours away. Have fun Y'all!

dmp

Bill - If we get a call I promise to give all the credit to Bill's Magic Java Pot.
Ahhhhhhh ..... that'll wake ya up in the mornin' boy!

Hopefully we'll see everyone at the spaghetti dinner. :)

yeppers, plan on pulling in Thursday afternoon sometime, hopefully abt 2-3pm at the latest.

We are in. Late entry but they said that they still had three spot...I guess it's two now. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

I bet last weekend in Gaffney had nothing to do with it right? And after you read that coffee will be available....

Bill - If we get a call I promise to give all the credit to Bill's Magic Java Pot.
Ahhhhhhh ..... that'll wake ya up in the mornin' boy!

I better get more than a credit... :biggrin: :rolleyes:

I bet last weekend in Gaffney had nothing to do with it right? And after you read that coffee will be available....

Of course it did...I have some money now! Hopefully I'll have some coffee too...

Bumpity bump.....

coffee will be there... but only if everyone promises not to use it against me and walk with all of the calls like some people did in Gaffney.....

Maybe if I spiked it with some sleeping pills, or make decaf just for those that think they are going to get the good stuff...:twisted: :biggrin: :rolleyes:

See ya all there....

Bill

Of course it did...I have some money now! Hopefully I'll have some coffee too...
Hopefully we can pull some out of Mesquite too....dont use up all your MOJO in Franklin.....laughing......we may need the reserves out there....

Best of luck to everyone and have a blast......it is one hellova tough field!

I'll be there, hope to meet a bunch of you guys. I'll be flying this one solo (it ought to be fun getting that ez-up put up by myself :lol:).

I'm planning on rolling in late afternoon after a straight 8 hour drive, and hope to make it to the spaghetti dinner!

I'll be there, hope to meet a bunch of you guys. I'll be flying this one solo (it ought to be fun getting that ez-up put up by myself :lol:).

I'm planning on rolling in late afternoon after a straight 8 hour drive, and hope to make it to the spaghetti dinner!

Be looking for you.

Well, I just found out that I will be solo as well.... I am planning on leaving out here abt 8am... looks like a hard 6 hrs for me.

Any body know of anyone willing to work for BBQ?
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66126

Bill

Just got this off the website.... Looks like we will have a full house.... with lots of strong teams.... so, being I am solo, and can NOT taste my pork or ribs, you all will have a nice chance on those two categories as mine will be blind turn in..... then blind judged... :biggrin: You all will appreciate my at least try to do something with it.... and improve your odds.

Your welcome.

See ya all there..... Drive safe, and let's rock the place.

Pro Teams

Tarheel Smokers.........................Hertford, NC
Bub-Ba-Q.....................................Jasper, GA
Two Old Men and AGrill...............Alexis, NC
GB's BBQ......................................Tavares, FL
Quenut BBQ
.................................Columbus, GA
Carolina BBQ Company................Hildebran, NC
Screamin Nite Hog BBQ...............Winston-Salem, NC
Jus-Fer-Fun Cooking Crew..........McDonough, GA
Smoke This..................................Hickory, NC
Smoky Mountain Smokers...........Sevierville, TN