From the West Coast of Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willm

Hi all.

I'm new to the site, tho I've devoured the UDS thread and subsequent other threads listing improvements/modifications to the UDS.

There are some amazingly creative food lovers here!

I love to grill, and living here on the coast in British Columbia I can cook outside all year long. 'Course, I often need a covered area due to the amount of rain we get...

I followed instructions here and made my smoker, wondering if it would work. Seemed to easy to be true. But it WAS true! First time I lit the charcoal and opened the air vents and closed the lid, the temperature immediately began to rise. Like magic! It was reasonably easy to keep the temp between 215 and 250, and after cooking an entire 23" grill covered in ribs very little fuel was consumed.

I'm hooked! Now I need to find out what else I can smoke, and figure out timing so food can be ready more or less when it needs to be ready.

Thanks!

Welcome ! I know you will like it here , it is a great place.

Rick

Welcome to the Brethren, willm! Man, send us some pix of where you live; it sounds beautiful!

Arlin

I was just saying we don't have enough Canadians here.
Good to have you WillM.
Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Thanks for the great welcome!

Guess I better figure out how to post pictures and choose an avatar - is there a 'foolproof' way of doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back