• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cooker for vending

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was able to score some pretty large events this year for vending. I need a new cooker to get me through them. I currently have a med spicewine and that is not going to cut it for the masses I will have to serve.

Please give your advise on the best in your opinion to use.

Anyone have one for sale?????

Thanks

The Lang is a not a wise choice for vending. Sort of a fuel hog. Plus you have to deal with regulating temps. My suggestion would be to sell the medium spicewine and buy a larger one. Catering is a business and you need to have more of a set it and forget it mentality.

The Lang is a not a wise choice for vending. Sort of a fuel hog. Plus you have to deal with regulating temps. My suggestion would be to sell the medium spicewine and buy a larger one. Catering is a business and you need to have more of a set it and forget it mentality.

I respectfully disagree with you Tony. This Lang has the warmer box to keep food warm that is ready to be served. And wouldn't the stoker help keep temps steady. Finally, I know some Bros. that have Langs. and they are not such a fuel hog and do keep very even temps.

But I do agree that a Spicewine is a much more efficient cooker.

As far as the size goes, I would determine that by the types of food you cook. If you are cooking a lot of ribs you are gonna need a bigger cooker than if you do pork butts. I have seen the Large Spicewine and I believe that cooker would do you right for just about any catering event.

As far as the Lang goes, I was speaking on a level of efficiency and productivity not passion. I would go insulated for the shear thought of not having to play with the smoker, in catering you have enough of a job to do without babysitting a fire. Notice the rusted out firebox, that comes from building bigarse fires just to get the temps up to a point where they will not require attention. Call them like I see them didn't mean to dish the Lang just meant to say there are more efficient offset smokers out there.

You do bring up some good points Tony. I think that it is fair to say that each cooker has its advantages and disadvantages. The thing I like best about this Lang is that is has a variety of heat locations, or hot/cold spots. This would be good if you need to hurry up cooking something or for just keeping something else warm. Correct me if I am wrong but this is not the case with the Spicewine. Even temps are a hallmark.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is not the case with the Spicewine. Even temps are a hallmark.

Correction (in my case at least) The top shelf of the Spicewine runs 5-10 degrees hotter than the others. I tend to finish my ribs and chicken there.

Back