Got another Catering Gig

ThomEmery

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
A month ago I was paid $1000 to cook BBQ
Now I got another party $1500 to cook BBQ for 75 folks
Aint this a wonderful world we live in?
By God I would do it for free

Yes it's greatfeeling. I picked up my first invite to be an exclusive vendor at an event here in central NE to happen in spring. I couldn't be happier.

We are doing Half Chickens, Brisket, Pork Shoulder, green salad, baked beans, grilled veggies, Flamed cheese bread ( we warm/crisp the cheese with the Weed Burner) Heck of a show roll
It is a BDay party so no dessert

Just out of curiosity how did you come up with your price? I've done comparable sized groups and charged about half that. I'm asking because this year we're going to charge more and I'm interested in your pricing thoughts. I agree with you entirely on it and I think how awesome.

Part of me is a little in awe and maybe jealous.

Hey CB, If you're only charging $10/person, the only person getting cheated is you. For a spread like Thom's, I charge about $18/head with controlled portions and no servers. I get cheaper when the customer starts bringing 100 people or more.

Hey CB, If you're only charging $10/person, the only person getting cheated is you. For a spread like Thom's, I charge about $18/head with controlled portions and no servers. I get cheaper when the customer starts bringing 100 people or more.

I know. I won't hijack this thread anymore. Thanks guys. I'll start another one when later.

Again, congrats Thom. Keep this up and you'll be able to retire....

Way to go Thom! The only people I know that know 75 people are already in the CBBQA.

Just out of curiosity how did you come up with your price? I've done comparable sized groups and charged about half that. I'm asking because this year we're going to charge more and I'm interested in your pricing thoughts. I agree with you entirely on it and I think how awesome.

Part of me is a little in awe and maybe jealous.

$10 plate go get Mc Ribs
$20 a plate 3 competition style meats
I could have asked a set up fee
left that on the table
Remember I grew up in the Coachella Valley
Lots of Folks retire here.
To live near the Golf Courses
I will be set up two feet off the 1st fairway
get the picture?

Nice....I'm starting to get calls for spring gigs already....gotta love it!!!

Nice! still two feet of snow here and -2 degrees. The only thing cooking here is my pellet stove keepin the house warm.

When you get a chance, we need weedburner cheesy bread pron, Thom.

Back