Looking for Competition Trailer help.

Sawdustguy

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Gents in a couple weeks I will purchase a new Cargo Trailer that I will make into a Competition Trailer. I have $6000 budgeted for this purchase. I am looking to tow it with a 1/2 ton pickup with a V8 engine like a Ram 1500 or Ford 1500 etc. The trailer will be either 8' x 14' or it will be 7' by 16'. It will have a tailgate so I can roll out a Spicewine cooker onto it, ala Smokin Cracker. I have already priced out Pace American and Wells Cargo and they are out of my budget. Is there any other manufacturer that is a little less pricey that anyone can recommend? The trailer has to have torqflex dual axles with brakes, breakaway brakes, 3/8 plywood sides 16" on center and a ramp able to hold 2000 lbs.

PS: Michele, if you are reading this a Spicewine Cooker would be a great Christmas present.

trailer

Look on ebay under cargo trailers. A single axle 6x14 are 2600 with dual axle slightly higer

I won't use ebay because of the scams they have on there. I don't mind spending a few hundred on ebay but not a few thousand. Actually I am looking just for brands to consider right now. A 6 x 14 is too small anyway.

Ole'e you are a Newbe. Why not post in the Cattle Call Forum and introduce yourself.

I really was not saying to purchase on ebay you could look at the different brands to see what you might like. Besides I would only buy something like that from a dealer selling on ebay. You cannot trust anybody these days.

Last edited:
Check out Ebay but limit the search to your local area. If you find the trailer you are interested in email the seller to confirm he/she will do cash exchange in person after you inspected the trailer. Craigslist is good for this as well. I bought a close to new Thule aluminum trailer (~3700 new) for 1800 this way.

You can get so much more for your money buying used.

Chris

Sawdustguy said:
I won't use ebay because of the scams they have on there. I don't mind spending a few hundred on ebay but not a few thousand. Actually I am looking just for brands to consider right now. A 6 x 14 is too small anyway.

wells cargo is top quality, and you can save a ton if you drive out and pick it up. H&H is another decent trailer.

Back