Lonestar Grillz Trailer Pit

tsimm15

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Congrats !!!

I bought the Lonestar pit in my avatar and received it in the fall. Very pleased with the quality and performance.

Lonestar makes a very high quality pit and the service was excellent with an attractive price.

Having had a Klose before, I was going to purchase another but decided to take a chance w/ Lonestar after seeing oldbill's pit and positive experience and a lower price point.

I called Chris, discussed his build approach etc. and after that felt confident all would go well...which it did.

I'm glad to hear that. Chris always emails back when I message him or when I called for him and he wasn't there his wife said he'd get back to me. They called back first thing the next morning with the info I had requested. Their customer service is awesome. I'm extremely excited. I considered the vertical smoker on its own but wanted a trailer pit.

How much does that vertical hold?

Looks like you could cook quite a bit on that vertical.

Playing the waiting game is the worst part. Ordered about 3 weeks ago. Hopefully 6 more at the most to go.

I love LSG'z. Congrats!!! I say you made a great choice. I went around and around and around between all sorts of smokers and plan soon to pull the trigger on this guy:

20x40 with 20x20x36 vertical.

DSC05290.JPG

I was looking at a backyard smoker as well but my wife said get what I wanted. Can't pass on those chances.

I was looking at a backyard smoker as well but my wife said get what I wanted. Can't pass on those chances.

She sounds like a keeper! I agree, do it once and get what you really want.

^^^

Yep! No regrets later. The above said one will suit all my needs.

At some point I'd love to have a trailer rig. This looks like a very viable option. Congrats!

So I've finally made my first big smoker purchase. I ordered a 24x60 trailer pit with vertical smoker from Lonestar Grillz. I'm really excited to get a hold of the pit and load it up. Does anyone have any experience with Chris' trailer pits or anything to say about his products in general? Thanks in advance.

http://www.lonestargrillz.com/24-x-60-Lone-Star-Grillz-Trailer-Pit-with-Vertical-Slow-Smoker.html

I borrowed a friends trailered offset last year, its the one on the website 24 x 48, painted red with black rims.

Great pit, quality construction, cooked outstanding first time I'd ever used it as shown here.

I need something like you got for my catering business and would / will purchase one of their pits without hesitation. You made a good choice.

Congrats. That photo on their web site of the 24"X60" trailer rig coupled with the Santa Maria style grill really got me thinking!

I placed my order 5 weeks ago with Lone star grillz and went with the vertical insulated smoker. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Never have seen his products in person but I believe I made an excellent choice.

I have his insulated cabinet smoker and i love it! I actually went to his shop to pick mine up and saw all his other styles too. First rate quality on all of them. Chris is a great guy. His shop is at his home and he has some excellent craftsmen working for him. Chris and his wife are very nice and the entire process from the start was a great experience. You will be blown away at how heavy duty these things really are. Enjoy your new pit!

Attachments

• lonstargrillz.jpg
    lonstargrillz.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 264
I love LSG'z. Congrats!!! I say you made a great choice. I went around and around and around between all sorts of smokers and plan soon to pull the trigger on this guy:

20x40 with 20x20x36 vertical.

DSC05290.JPG

Nice looking pit. I like that top access to the firebox.

I have the 30" vertical offset uninsulated version. It's awesome. I don't think you'll find a dissatisfied LSG customer. This is my first smoker so I did a ton of research and ended up buying from LSG. I have no regrets.

Funny thing is I was pretty set on a pit from Bubba Grills while I was overseas. When I got back looking for more info on them thru forums, I ran across a post about pitsbyjj and Lonestar grillz. Once I saw a LSG pit and looked into theirs, I was hooked. I feel that I made a great choice and can't wait to pick it up. Plus he's in Conroe and my mom lives in The Woodlands.

Back