MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #46
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmprantz View Post
Once all NDAs have been executed, would you vote to allow current board members to hear the recordings of past executive sessions before they vote whether or not to delete them?
This is a good question and deserves and answer. Don't Board members and officers by the nature of their position always have blanket need to know?
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 04-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #47
Scottie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Do the directors also have to sign a non-compete?

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #48
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

I have one thing to say about all of this. Although I voted to not destroy and records, I have ZERO use for any of the past closed session meeting recordings! I don't want to hear them and I don't want to know what they said. I prefer we move forward with the business at hand to make KCBS better and not be so damned worried about the past. If we keep looking backwards, we're gonna trip over what's in front of us and fall on our faces! Three months feels like three years at times when I read stuff like this thread!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #49
Vince RnQ
is One Chatty Farker

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
Vince RnQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 05-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #50
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionQuest220 View Post
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
In some instances, I agree. I don't need to know what all the damned fighting, threats and other BS was all about to do my job. If it takes listening to that garbage, maybe I'm not the person for this job. I prefer not to be polluted.
KCBS Member #14287
Old 05-05-2012, 03:15 AM   #51
Vince RnQ
is One Chatty Farker

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." - James Madison
Old 05-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #52
Bunny
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
In some instances, I agree. I don't need to know what all the damned fighting, threats and other BS was all about to do my job. If it takes listening to that garbage, maybe I'm not the person for this job. I prefer not to be polluted.
I agree whole heartedly with Jeff on this one. There is a lot of ugliness that can get slung around and it doesn't do anything but throw negative into the BOD. Anything that needed motions afterwards went into records that anyone can see and problems solved. Rehashing issues with people, names and incidents are in the past and we need to move on. Why does the BOD want to stir the pot? Get on with business. There's too many issues that need to get finished.

Bunny
Old 05-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #53
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionQuest220 View Post
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." - James Madison
Knowledge of that garbage IS ignorance, Vince.
KCBS Member #14287
Old 05-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #54
Vince RnQ
is One Chatty Farker

Only if you allow it to become poison, Jeff.