Dollar Tree Marinade

powerpig

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was in Dollar Tree a couple of weeks ago and noticed they had a variety of Marinades such as Teriyaki, Garlic and Herb and a couple of others. The strange part is the bottles are identical to the Lawry's bottles. They are really good and it got me to wondering of Lawry's is making it for them. Any thoughts?

I do not know about those particular marinades.
But....stores like Dollar Tree do not develop and package hardly anything on their own.
Is is called "Private Branding" or "Store Branding".
They simply contract with a manufacturer and work a deal to put their label on the product.

This is even the case at large food chains like Winn Dixie, WM, and such.
All those store or generic brands are produced and packaged by a few producers to the chain's specs.

I am speaking in generalities here. There may be a chain that actually has a manufacturing or production facility for their stuff.

Normally cheaper and may be a good way to save a buck or two.

Try one and see if you like it.

TIM

I did try them. As I mentioned, they are really good. I just thought it was a little odd that they are in the identical bottles as Lawry's.

I did try them. As I mentioned, they are really good. I just thought it was a little odd that they are in the identical bottles as Lawry's.

Sometimes it will tell you in the fine print on the back. Try looking there.

Another good way to tell is to compare the location listed on the back. Some times the mfg has an unknown name but the towns are exactly the same and this is a good indicator.

Another good way to tell is to compare the location listed on the back. Some times the mfg has an unknown name but the towns are exactly the same and this is a good indicator.

Excellent idea, but It says distributed by Greenbrier in VA. Doing it by memory as I'm on the road at the moment. I'll check the Dollar Tree by the hotel and report back.

Kroger out here sells marinades that look very much like Lawry's. I think they were Kroger brand. Not bad but not as good a Lawry's. For a buck, why not.

Back