Hi Temp Silicone

L

lrh

I want to seal some holes and a poorly fit lid and door on a leaky CharBroil charcoal grill. The local Home Depot sells three grades of a 3-M product called Fire Block in caulking gun tubes. Is this what I want? If not, what/ where do I need to look for the right stuff?

whats thetemp specs on it. on my bsk i use high temp orange good 4 bout 700 degrees. and it has worked 4 me

Don't buy any of those from Home Depot, not the right application. I tried the one that had the highest temp. rating last week on my offset and did a test run after it set up the next day. It smelled horrible and turned almost to glass and broke off after the smoker cooled down. I'm actually trying the Rutland Black today, but having some issues. We'll see how it works.

Fire block is used in sealing air spaces around pipes and other penetration in walls, floors and ceilings to retard the spread of fire and conforms to the Municipal Fire Codes for 1 1/2 hr ratings.

Use the Rutland.

I use Rutland black silicone rated at 600* and have had good lck with it but I haven't used it on a firebox. So, if where you put it doesn't exceed 600* you might be OK. Good luck.

Back