BTW

C

CosmicCookin

We'd like to nominate HomeBBQ.com (aka Kevin and Clara Bevington) for this award. If there's anybody out there with a "true spirit" for anything, they possess such a spirit for barbecue.

Their website does nothing but encourage novice competitors like ourselves, experienced backyard cooks, and total newbies. Even in the heat of chasing the FBA Team of the Year Award they were patient enough to take novice competitors under their wing and show them the ropes of competition. That was a huge risk considering the goal they had set, and they still accomplished their goal.

Looking at the success of the HomeBBQ.com website, the success of the HomeBBQ competition team in their first full season the decision isn't difficult here. They are there on their website when needed, and at competitions you won't find more helpful people. There again, the entire FBA could be accused of that!

HomeBBQ.com has truly earned consideration for such an award

A year ago somebody submitted this letter to the NBBQN for consideration. It didn't happen in 2004 but we're tickled to death that Kevin and Clara (Carla?) :wink: are the NBBQN "Spirit of BBQ" Team of the year! What's next guys?

Really? That's awesome!!! I tip my hat to the both of you, Kevin and Clara!

Tim, help me out with who the NBBQN is?

National Barbecue News. A highly respected publication in the BBQ world. Official newws letter of the FBA and several other sanctioning bodies.

CosmicCookin said:
National Barbecue News. A highly respected publication in the BBQ world. Official newws letter of the FBA and several other sanctioning bodies.
Oh, OK! Is it via snail mail or e-mail? I'd like to check it out.

LMAO! Quote my typos too,eh? They're on line @ barbecuenews.com but it's rarely up to date. When you join the FBA you'll get it via snail mail monthly.

Thanks Tim, it was definately an honor to get that, and a real surprise.

You and Clara earned that buddy, just like every other award you've received.

We've only seen a small part of what y'all have been through to come as far as you have and I don't think there's enough bandwidth on this site to even tell what we know.

Enjoy the honor and keep up the great work!

Big ol' grats, guys. Fame and fortune; gotta love it.

Back