pork sandwich pron

syndicate559

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've done quite a few shoulders since I started smoking, but I got inspired to do a traditional sandwich last week. Just used basic hamburger buns, but made homemade cole slaw for the first time ever (kind of spicy, vinegar/mayo recipe), made a thin, spicy sauce and grilled the buns right before assembly. The family went insane! They liked them so much that we killed over half of a 6-pound roast ourselves (me + wife + 3 kids 10 and under) and they demanded that I smoke another one for my birthday a couple days later. Anyway, here's how the sandwiches turned out. I'd like to get a line on some really primo buns the next time I make them, but they were pretty dang good anyway.

porksando1.jpg

they get pretty messy and they don't look particularly appetizing in photos

porksando-messy.jpg

The kids can't get enough

Edward-chow.jpg

And we had to have some ABTs with them :)

Jalapeno.jpg

Thanks for looking

Mighty appetizing looking to me. Love the slaw right on the sammy. Stick with the el cheapo buns, they let the meat, sauce and slaw flavor come through better, in my opinion. Though I have been known to use hawaiian bread buns.

Outstanding!! That's a fine lookin' sammy right there.

Got a shoulder on now, Should be finishing up in the next few hours. Hope to have the same success as those are some fine looking sammies! I am in slaw limbo, experimenting with different recipes, problem is I like them all!

Finally someone that's not afraid to put cold slaw on a bbq pork sandwiches

Finally someone that's not afraid to put cold slaw on a bbq pork sandwiches

I will never make them any other way again, seriously. I almost punched one of my brothers, because he refused to even try a tiny bit of slaw on his sandwich. He said he hates cole slaw, but I'm pretty sure the only kind he's ever had is from KFC :boxing:

That's the way to eat a pork sandwich, I love the kaiser rolls because you can make a bigger sandwich though :) slaw looks and sounds great.

Great looking sandwich!! Making me hungry. :-D

That put a great big smile on my face. Nothing like having your kids enjoy your food!

Back