• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork belly price???????

Fishin4bass723

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have finally found where I can get some pork belly in my area, but not sure about the price. I found a place I can get it for about $2.00 a lb. but the catch is they only sell it by the box and the box is about 40 lbs. thats alot of bacon. Is this a good deal or should I just wait and see if I can find it in smaller quantities since I only have a single UDS to smoke on? (For Now...HEHEHE:becky:)

I usually pay $2.49/lb at an oriental grocer in Orlando. Usually get 10#'s and makes lots bacon. Freezes well both cooked and uncooked if you have the freezer capacity.

That's a good price, but that's a lot of belly! You could always split the case with some friends, buy the case and vac-seal and freeze.

Matt

try an Asian market. I buy it there in small slabs for $2.49lb

its just all around easier, and you can inspect it well also

I get mine at an Asian market too but it's $2.99 a pound. Only thing is they slice it in narrow strips but if they are butchering that day you can always just ask for them to cut it like you need it.

$2.49/lb here at the asian market (MT supermarket). It's skin on though, but they have a full service meat dept. I'm fairly certain they'll prep it any way you like if you can get past the language barrier. Very few people speak good english there, and my mandarin is about the worst in the world lol. While I'm there, I can watch them butcher and process live fish, fun stuff.

I have finally found where I can get some pork belly in my area, but not sure about the price. I found a place I can get it for about $2.00 a lb. but the catch is they only sell it by the box and the box is about 40 lbs. thats alot of bacon. Is this a good deal or should I just wait and see if I can find it in smaller quantities since I only have a single UDS to smoke on? (For Now...HEHEHE:becky:)

I would split the box with you. We are only 20 minutes apart.

$2.89-2.99/lb here at Asian markets and Whole Foods. I just bought a 14lb'er...

Back