• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First fire in the Long Rifle Sniper

smokeisgood

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Snow is lightly falling, pit is sprayed down and fire lit for seasoning. Didn't take long for the fire to stabilize the heat and start putting out the nice blue smoke....can't wait to actually cook something on it....:biggrin1:
sniper.jpg

That is one sweet looking smoker.

I have a certain fondness for it since I was born in Louisville and moved to Texas. :mrgreen:

That is one sweet looking smoker.
Thanks. The guys at Pitmaker make a tremendous product. I was truly impressed when Pete showed me around, and I got to see several of the vaults, safes, and snipers in various stages of build and see how they are insulated.

Very nice! I have been wondering why there is so little user opinion out there on this pit. You hear a ton about their insulated verticals, but next to nothing about their stickburners.

Very nice! I have been wondering why there is so little user opinion out there on this pit. You hear a ton about their insulated verticals, but next to nothing about their stickburners.
Their verticals are nice, and if I ever get a trailer I'll have this sniper mounted on it along with a vault. I prefer offsets, simply because it is what I have always used. I can't really imagine one being much better built than this one. We'll see how she cooks in a few days...

I have a Safe and am very interested in adding a long rifle sniper to the fleet. Will be interested in your impressions of this pit after you start cooking on it. Keep us updated!

man thats a beautiful pit! love the way the hinges open up. that thing can fit alot of food in it. its like 5000" of cookspace.
did ya by chance have any pics of the inside, fire needed to retain temp and food. when i picked up my vault victor was talking about doin a reverse flow magnum sniper with insulated firebox. them guys build exceptional products with the best fit and finish in the business. like comparing a 18' invader to a 36' yellowfin.

You lucky dog, I have been looking at pitmaker for the last two years and seem to be sold on it, however shipping cost will break the bank, even to drive down and back will break the bank, Yall in the south have some great cookers and make some darn good food, To bad they were not closer to the D,

Back