Multi - Sensor Probe Recommendation for Big Pit

GMDGeek

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So I know we have the DigiQ and a Stoker ... I am looking for those that have larger pits that cook shoulders, briskets, and ribs all on the same pit... I'm looking for Probes that I can all tie into a single system. DigiQ looks good but does not appear to support more then 3? probes? And I can't tell if the Stoker will do more than that. I do not need blower fans as the pit has a very well insulated firebox.

I would like four probes that I can monitor from a computer, my smartphone OR I can look at the device and see / scroll thru temp read outs.

I did do a search on the forums and some of the posts are over 2 years old and since tech changes fast, while I am sorting through them I thought I'd pose the question again.

Thanks,
Gerry

I guess I should also ask:

Will the Guru CyberQ work without the fan plugged in? Same question for the Stoker.

Gerry

I've always thought this would be a great idea. Give me something like an iGrill or wifi Guru or Stoker but just give me temp probes without any blower programming, fans, etc. A base unit with up to 10 probes and the ability to see the temps on my phone would be killer.

Anyone know? Just trying to find out if the DigiQ or the Stoker have to have the fans plugged in for the temp probes to work or if I can leave the fan / blowers un-hooked?

Anyone know? Just trying to find out if the DigiQ or the Stoker have to have the fans plugged in for the temp probes to work or if I can leave the fan / blowers un-hooked?

should not matter.

I have an Auber ATC and it doesnt care if the fan is plugged in or not. It still reads the temps

I dont see why those would be any different

Im sure they would tell you if you asked

Guru confirmed that the Pit Probe and 3 temp probes work without the Fan/Blowers. Waiting to hear from Stoker now.

So for those interested I had my questions answered by both Guru and Stoker. Both the Guru DigiQ and the Stoker operate without the fan/blows attached.

The DigiQ - 3 meat temp probes and 1 pit probe.
Stoker - 6 ports for probes and has an expansion that can be purchased to give you more.

For me I decided on the Stoker with 6 probes to start with. I will monitor both ends of my pit and meats. As it is a new pit, I will most likely monitor the middle as well. This is what happens when you get a professional Geek meats BBQ :)

Back