pssst, call the cops, there's been a CL Weber MURDER!!

Wow. What do you guys search for to find these deals? On my homebrew forum guys are always finding kegs and carboys on CL. Here, guys are always finding WSM's or grills. Whenever I search, I find nothing :wacko:

Wow. What do you guys search for to find these deals? On my homebrew forum guys are always finding kegs and carboys on CL. Here, guys are always finding WSM's or grills. Whenever I search, I find nothing :wacko:

Searching often is the key. The deals/steals are usually sold and deleted in less than an hour.

Searching often is the key. The deals/steals are usually sold and deleted in less than an hour.
And they may be few and far between depending on the market.

I use an Android app Craigslist Notification that helps but it seems to be a little delayed. I suppose it may be fetching listings from an archive or cache of some sort since Craig does not like other programs to search Craigslist.

I'm near Chicago and the Weber market is pretty big, though some consider it off season at the moment. Right now there are no WSMs, Performers or 26ers listed at all. (I got lucky and found a 22" WSM in December for $150 :biggrin1: ) There are two Ranch kettles though one has been listed for a while at $950 and was just reduced to $900. The other is at $500 and if I really wanted one, I'd jump. There are usually lots of kettles and Smokey Joes and it's just a matter of waiting for one close and the desired style/age.

I know that feeling, apparently we both aren't too lucky lol

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

And they may be few and far between depending on the market.

I use an Android app Craigslist Notification that helps but it seems to be a little delayed. I suppose it may be fetching listings from an archive or cache of some sort since Craig does not like other programs to search Craigslist.

I'm near Chicago and the Weber market is pretty big, though some consider it off season at the moment. Right now there are no WSMs, Performers or 26ers listed at all. (I got lucky and found a 22" WSM in December for $150 :biggrin1: ) There are two Ranch kettles though one has been listed for a while at $950 and was just reduced to $900. The other is at $500 and if I really wanted one, I'd jump. There are usually lots of kettles and Smokey Joes and it's just a matter of waiting for one close and the desired style/age.

I use the same app and I get notified of anything that may be bbq related. I'm not so patiently waiting for my big score.

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It is the same here. Whenever I see anything on CL it is 3 hrs away and only $20 cheaper than brand new

Back