• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Backwoods pan pump

tyotrain

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Picked this up at lowes and is working great to pump the water from the water pan. View attachment 74944

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP

Last edited:
Nice. I've been thinking about something similar. How much did that cost?

Harbour Freight tools I think I paid $6 or so I used them to make a high volume pig injector worked great for a while then the seals go. I would let the water cool for a bit before pumping and then run some warm water through to clean it out should last for awhile.

Yup I am afraid this pump is going to be a bust. I did learn that you can just about time the water level. If done right there will be little water left.

BBQ UP

Yup I am afraid this pump is going to be a bust. I did learn that you can just about time the water level. If done right there will be little water left.

BBQ UP

That's the way I do it. I am also going to tack weld handles to each side of the pan on the lip. I will have to make sure they won't interfere with the lower rack.

That's the way I do it. I am also going to tack weld handles to each side of the pan on the lip. I will have to make sure they won't interfere with the lower rack.

That's a great idea. đź‘Ť

BBQ UP

I was just about to post about the handles on the water pans. I was thinking putting the handles on the inside of the water pan (at the top). I do agree that it all about timing though.

Back