• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New York Strip Roast -PRON

Rover24

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Picked up a 10 lb. New York Strip Roast for Christmas Eve dinner. Realized when I got home that the check-out lady had incorrectly applied two discounts instead of the one sale discount, making this 10 lb. roast about $25.

Cooked it on the WSM at about 200* for two hours, with KB & a Cherry/Pecan mix, then onto the gasser to crisp up the outside. Pulled at about 130*.

On the gasser...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356632803.006295.jpg

Beautiful...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356632831.905899.jpg

Got about 14 good sized steaks from this roast.

Man, that looks delicious! And 25 bucks? That alone would make it taste great!

A man after my heart. I prefer NY over ribeye. That is what I do for the restaurant. I don't make steaks though. I slice mine thin and use for a cheese steak sandwich. Great job!!!

A man after my heart. I prefer NY over ribeye. That is what I do for the restaurant. I don't make steaks though. I slice mine thin and use for a cheese steak sandwich. Great job!!!
My wife is a big fan of the New York over the ribeye...I went to the store to pick up a bone in pork roast that was on sale, but saw for a few bucks more per lb. that I could get this guy. Seeing as how its the wifes favorite cut, she wouldn't mind the extra $. Turned out being cheaper than the pork roast.

Last edited:
Back