MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
jeffoooo
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default Sazco ?

Just found a Sazco looked in good shape . Cleaned her up good and found 3 hairline cracks. Also, Is this black interior original ? I,m pretty handy, just not sure what to do? Would like to make this baby functional, and something I can use for another 47 yrs. I Need some help Brethren.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-11-14_17-46-51_372.jpg (25.6 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-14_17-47-26_143.jpg (26.9 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-14_17-48-07_747.jpg (17.9 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-14_17-48-35_383.jpg (18.8 KB, 136 views)
jeffoooo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Its missing the grate, ring and firebox- do you have them?
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
jeffoooo

I have the ring. Can I cast a fire box with refractory cement? Also, mabey line the inside with refractory to stop the hairline cracks from progressing? If so what brand would be food friendly?

Old 11-25-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffoooo View Post
I have the ring. Can I cast a fire box with refractory cement? Also, mabey line the inside with refractory to stop the hairline cracks from progressing? If so what brand would be food friendly?
I've never messed with a Sazco, the glazed interior would have me concerned. The Kamados I have refurbished have been unglazed and Hercules High Temp Furnace cement and JB Weld seem to work the best. Not very well on a BGE glazed surface.
Also never used refractory cement, so no help with that either. Possibly a pottery supply will be able to give you a better idea of what might work.

You might want to take it to a Big Green Egg dealer and see if the firebox from a Large will fit in it.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
jeffoooo

Thanks, Swamprb. Will look into BGE parts. Sure hope I can find out how to stop this cracking problem. Would hate to loose this old girl.

Tags
Sazcoholic