Pretty Good BBQ 2012, Dayton, Ohio

Excellent news all around....
Though some friends will be missed this year, I'm really humbled and honored that you all are making your time and talent available to serve a community that needs more blessings.

Thank you... And I mean those that are coming, those that are giving, those that are praying and those that wish they could make it but can't.

[You are going to come up that is great looking forward to seeing you

QUOTE=Dylan's Dad;2015378]It's been a while guys, but if you'll have me, Dylan and I are planning on being there. :-D[/QUOTE]

I haven't... but we've got at least 2 new cooks that are locals that will join us.

More guys signed up to help than ever before.

700 pounds of meat to cook.

Donated rub and sauces to help with the cost of that, too!

I have cooked all of the previous events and you can't believe how much I ache that I won't be there this year.

BUT

Take a look at the new Brethren volunteers stepping up to the plate and coming to help!
I am humbled to be a member of a forum where people step up and do the things the Brethren do.

AND

If you show up in Dayton and are NOT blessed by what happens there, well... let's just say "you ain't wired right."

Curt, Eric, Bandit, Roger, that local family (Kevin and ??? damn I'm bad with names unless NRA is the same guy?): I am going to miss seeing all of you again.
Tish, NRA, all you new volunteers: I was really looking forward to meeting you. Some day. Some day.

It's getting closer and looking forward to all the new help. Still hoping bubba can make it. Will miss harbor master
Deer chili will be on along with hot coffe the whole time

i'm in columbus and have no plans that weekend.
if ya need anyone else, i've got some smokers.
just let me know.

If you can make please come esp. ones close to dayton and dont have far to drive ( ones coming in from Ill. Pa. Ky. Mich. Canada I think) can get some sleep for drive back. I aways stay up and watch pits and feed police an fire so if you have knowledge of pits I could use you over night. curt was going to have some of the men there I think but since bull cant Make it to help overnight I was lloking for someone else.

i'm in columbus and have no plans that weekend.
if ya need anyone else, i've got some smokers.
just let me know.

(Kevin and ??? damn I'm bad with names unless NRA is the same guy?): I am going to miss seeing all of you again.
Tish, NRA, all you new volunteers: I was really looking forward to meeting you. Some day. Some day.

Harbormaster - NRA4Life = Kevin = Smitty's Real Pit BBQ. Looking forward to meeting you at some future event.

Do think Clark was referring to the first year's local champ... Pat (from Patrick's BBQ).

He's known by another name... Matchlight.

Naaaaah. There was a younger fella, thought his name was Kevin and that he cooked with his mom and dad. He was in, or going to be in, culinary school. Great folks. They cooked next to me closer to the church.

Curt, throw a guy a bone and hep me!

Back on the first page...
picture.php

Second one from the left ... Rick and Kevin Frasier?

Sunday, volunteers from the church will come out to make sandwiches, set up, etc., to serve to the congregation and neighborhood.

I love the outreach to the local community. It says "we care". You should get a few new church members out of this as y'all tell them about the love of Christ. I'll add you to my prayer list.

Back