• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Phubar's Sweet Heat Pear Pepper Sauce Pron

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
My first attempt for a sauce/glaze for BBQ meat made out of my homegrown pears.
Ingredients are:pears,fresh garlic,fresh adjoema pepper,chili powder,cayenne powder,grinded 4 season peppermix,jelly sugar,vinigar and cinnamon.
Stuff tastes good!
Can't wait to try it on some meat!
My only worries are how long I can keep it since it has fresh garlic and pepper in it?

Attachments

• SP_A0888.jpg
    SP_A0888.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 172
  • SP_A0889.jpg
    SP_A0889.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 171
  • SP_A0892.jpg
    SP_A0892.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 172
  • SP_A0893.jpg
    SP_A0893.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 171
  • SP_A0895.jpg
    SP_A0895.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 172
Looks good so far. If it tastes good, it won't last long anyway. You could learn to can.

Looks good so far. If it tastes good, it won't last long anyway. You could learn to can.

You made me laugh out loud!:lol:
The reason why I ask this is because I wanna ship some jars overseas to some Brethren and don't wanna cause any illness to somebody.
I simmered the fresh garlic and pepper first but I don't know if that makes any difference with how long you can preserve it.

When you say simmer, for how long and did it have a low boil? Garlic in sauces should be cooked for 20 minutes is what I was told, or taken to high heat (such as in canning).

When you say simmer, for how long and did it have a low boil? Garlic in sauces should be cooked for 20 minutes is what I was told, or taken to high heat (such as in canning).

Maybe simmer wasn't the right word,I had it on the lowest boil temp for 10 minutes then added the rest.

Looks tasty Phubar!! :cool:

Not sure about how long the sauce will last (unrefrigerated) without canning.
Peppers and garlic need to be pressure canned unless you pickle them or have enough 5% acidity level vinegar in the mix...then they can be water bath canned.

Thanks J.!
When I get home I'll take a look what acidity level the vinigar has.
Think the sauce will at least last a month or 2,enough to send across the pond and be eaten by Brethren.:-D

Thanks J.!
When I get home I'll take a look what acidity level the vinigar has.
Think the sauce will at least last a month or 2,enough to send across the pond and be eaten by Brethren.:-D

Couldn't find the acidity level on the bottle but there is a preservative (E223, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_metabisulfite ) in it.
I got some better pics now and I tested the sauce with a piece of Boerewors that I smoked last weekend.
The Boerewors contains beef and pork so I can say the sauce works for both animals!:-D

Attachments

• SP_A0896.jpg
    SP_A0896.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 73
  • SP_A0897.jpg
    SP_A0897.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 73
  • SP_A0899.jpg
    SP_A0899.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 74
Sauce looks good. But could ya send me a Boerewors recipe? I haven't had one in years.

Lookin yummy there Phubar.

Mighty generous thought.

Don't know much about preserving food. The only thing I was ever told about shipping from the Netherlands to the States is to ship it inside peanut butter (resealed), inside coffee beans, and to an abandoned house.:biggrin:

On a serious note, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets stopped by the DEA and inspected. That could mean problems for a sealed can or Jar, and an additional time delay.

Have you considered shipping costs yet?

I'll add that looks awesome! Hope you post pix of it on smoked meat.

Lookin yummy there Phubar.

Mighty generous thought.

Don't know much about preserving food. The only thing I was ever told about shipping from the Netherlands to the States is to ship it inside peanut butter (resealed), inside coffee beans, and to an abandoned house.:biggrin:

On a serious note, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets stopped by the DEA and inspected. That could mean problems for a sealed can or Jar, and an additional time delay.

Have you considered shipping costs yet?

Funny!:-D

I work at a mail office,costs won't be much of a worry.
We'll see,I'll ship it to 1 Brethren first to see what happens.

Home canned in a glass jar that is then placed in a slightly larger plastic disposable container surrounded with packing popcorn, then in a popcorn-filled box. Seal the lid all the way around with wide cellophane tape so it cannot possibly come loose in shipment. That has been proven to work.

Home canned in a glass jar that is then placed in a slightly larger plastic disposable container surrounded with packing popcorn, then in a popcorn-filled box. Seal the lid all the way around with wide cellophane tape so it cannot possibly come loose in shipment. That has been proven to work.

That is somehow I want to mail it,got enough packaging material on my work plus that packing popcorn.

Back