MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #1
Clintondavid
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default Where do you get your wood?

So I am looking to start a catering biz (I am in the process of writing a full bio and introduction) and am wondering how and where you all local source your wood? I only use apple wood and haven't found a local mill that has that. What are some ways you all source your product
Clintondavid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2017, 08:54 PM   #2
Joe Black
Babbling Farker

You should have some apple orchards nearby. Talk to some of those folks and get them to let you know when they are trimming.

If you only use apple for flavor, you can use Oak, hichory, pecan or any other good hardwood for cooking heat and that can be found at firewood lots, tree trimmers, on the side of the road after a storm or anywhere.
Joe Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 06-15-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
poorolddan
Full Fledged Farker

I have a snoopy friend that drives around looking in peoples back yards and gives me the address when he sees a dead or dying apple or fruit tree. Most are thrilled to have someone remove it for them. Tree trimming companies are second best source.
poorolddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:15 PM   #4
Clintondavid
Got rid of the matchlight.

Thank you so much those are great ideas.
Clintondavid is offline   Reply With Quote