Bearded Butchers

AClarke44

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Found them on YouTube. It’s pretty interesting to watch how they cut the meat from the carcass, explaining the different cuts of meat as they do. They cook everything on either a Treager or a Green Egg. They do some things a little different than how I’d do it but everything they cook looks great (I’ve also never cooked on either cooker). They sell several different Bearded Butcher branded rubs that they use on all their cooks.
Has anyone tried any of their rubs? If you’ve seen their YouTube channel what are your thoughts?

I found their channel a few months ago and it's really interesting. They have great "production value" as the lighting is good, and the sound and visuals are spot on. I also very much appreciate them explaining everything they are doing, and WHY they are doing it. I really enjoyed the "Breaking down a whole cow" video where they did one half of the cow a certain way, and the other a different way. It was cool to see how the same sub-primal can be broken down differently to provide different cuts of meat.

I've never tried their rubs, but I might order a few just as a "thanks" for putting out such informative videos.

I found their channel a few months ago and it's really interesting. They have great "production value" as the lighting is good, and the sound and visuals are spot on. I also very much appreciate them explaining everything they are doing, and WHY they are doing it. I really enjoyed the "Breaking down a whole cow" video where they did one half of the cow a certain way, and the other a different way. It was cool to see how the same sub-primal can be broken down differently to provide different cuts of meat.

I've never tried their rubs, but I might order a few just as a "thanks" for putting out such informative videos.

You did a great job explaining some of the things that caught my attention as well. I started out just watching some of their cook videos but because they actually harvest the cut of meat right fro the carcass before cooking it, I became interesting watching their complete breakdown videos too. Now I’m really curious what their rib tastes like! :biggrin1: I didn’t think about ordering meat from them but that’s a good idea too!

It helps to be retired as they have a lot of content.
Getting a little too sponsored ish.
Ed

Love those dudes. Found them when I was getting back into deer hunting and learned how to process my own deer through them. They're super talented butchers and give great detail on the processes they use

Back