Your highest ever brisket internal temperature

What is the highest internal temperature you have ever cooked a brisket to, that you considered the

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

G$

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Simple Question:
What is the highest internal temperature you have ever cooked a brisket to, that you considered the result was "good or better"?

Details:
"good or better" is subjective, but in order to hit that mark I think the brisket would have to:
a) have an appealing taste overall.
b) have an enjoyable texture (not tough to chew, and not falling apart) and a crust that was not too hard to bite through
c) not have an off putting appearance. (it could be ugly, but not scary....)
d) not be too dry to eat without sauce. Dry brisket is not "good or better brisket".

I can't remember if it was 211 or 217 - I normally don't look at temps, but this bastige was stubborn and I was curious. I gotta say I was a little shocked. It was a choice packer from Smart & Final I did a few weeks ago. I don't think I could say it was great - but it was pretty damn good - nice & tender for sure but not falling apart. It could have been a little more juicy but didn't need sauce as far as I was concerned.

• Thanks
Reactions: G$
I cook mine to a certain feel so i know exactly how done they are regardless of the temp.

Same here, done till probe tender. However my supersonic bionic red thermapen is what I probe with, it's so darn fast that I have no choice but to see the temperature. :thumb:

• Thanks
+1 on the supersonic bionic red thermapen. I did fall asleep on a brisket once (or twice? I don't recall, I was drunk that year!) and took it to 208. It was a little soft for slicing, but it was still great!

I took one to 210 this summer...the only part I could slice was the flat but the rest of it was surprisingly moist.

What's this "temperature" of which you speak?:confused:

Ok, ok, I get it.

I don't remember the exact temp, but I want to say it was around 206. Since I can't remember for sure I did not vote.

Just did one this weekend, temp was right at 200 when I pulled it from the smoke. Turned out to be very moist and tasty.

• Thanks
I used to cook all of 'em to 210... Much of it was fall apart tender and hard to slice. Delicious, yes! However when I want a brisket I can slice, I try to pull "just before" butter. Right around 200 +/-3-4 degrees

I keep trying to get to the end of this thread but every time I do I run across (4duces) avatar and I start drooling and lose focus for some reason.... I kind of sound like Homer Simpson for about 2 or 3 minutes then I snap out of it and I have forgotten what I was doing...

190-195 as I am a medium rare beef eater, I can't stand the thought of cooking it any further...

I keep trying to get to the end of this thread but every time I do I run across (4duces) avatar and I start drooling and lose focus for some reason.... I kind of sound like Homer Simpson for about 2 or 3 minutes then I snap out of it and I have forgotten what I was doing...

190-195 as I am a medium rare beef eater, I can't stand the thought of cooking it any further...

Happens to a lot of em :becky:

212 fell asleep went an hour long was going to pull off at 195 and rest in cooler. Had to slice carefully but it was great on sandwiches...and HOLY HELL who is that in the picture for 4DUECES avatar? very nice....I like!

Back