Back to my childhood...

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This year was the first time in out 25 years together we spent Christmas by ourselves. Big Al and I like to make out own traditions and the first thing we did was have our big dinner on Christmas Eve - so last night as the snow started to fall I fired up the Egg and put on a 2 bone standing rib roast and some monster potatoes. No pictures of that - you've all seem my rib roasts...

Where we get back to my chilkdhood was this morning's breakfast. When I was a kid, my mom would make home made sticky buns on Christmas Eve and pop them in the oven to cook as we opened presents. It was quite a treat because My mom was not much into baking. Big Al remembers helping his grandmother make sticky buns when he was a kid so we decided we wanted to do that ourselves as a way to keep the tradition going...

They were pretty tasty!

Made the dough yesterday, let it rise, then rolled them out and panned them last night and into the fridge overnight
C2231361-E6E0-4063-896A-B8A3CDBBC6BA-5121-000004F262031EF5.jpg

Pulled them from the fridge and let them rest and rise a couple hours this morning then into the oven...

9962EC13-E84B-4B74-8088-4F29E7537BD8-5121-000004F2F6512447.jpg

Turned out...

49EF72FD-12B8-4C8C-B10A-E0DE8F1E6234-5121-000004F3092F244F.jpg

I turned them out onto some foil because I wanted easy clean up. Next time I will put some butter or spray down the foil - the glaze hargened up quickly and stuck pretty good. I think I would like these even without the glaze, but that's just me.

Wow, those looks awesome!! Love love love sticky buns!!

I did something similar yesterday except they weren't the upsidedown buns (that was my family's name for them).

Only difference is there's no pecan / carmel on the bottom and you icing the rolls after they cool.

Love it, Lynn! Made them for Christmas Eve breakfast, and they are a favorite here, too! Yours look really yummy!! :thumb:

They look fantastic. I have saved the recipe, as my wife loves Pecan rolls.
I have inherited the mantle from my mother to make her cinnamon roll recipe. I make them every year early Christmas morning. The recipe is so old that it still calls for the milk to be scalded to sterilize it.

Back